Railroad Forums 

• New Schedules on NJT

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1326698  by CentralValleyRail

philipmartin wrote:New schedules, all rail lines, May 17, 2015.
Any update on if there will be any schedule enhancements? (doubtful since they're looking to cut) but figured I'd use some wishful thinking. LOL
 #1326717  by philipmartin

CentralValleyRail wrote:
philipmartin wrote:New schedules, all rail lines, May 17, 2015.
Any update on if there will be any schedule enhancements? (doubtful since they're looking to cut) but figured I'd use some wishfully thinking. LOL
Persnally i have no other info. The date is all that has been given to ticket agents. Since timetable folders contain fare information, they'd probably want to change the folders again with the new fares, if the increase goes in.
 #1328697  by CentralValleyRail

Main and Bergen County Line Inbound Midday Service is going to have some changes come May 17th.

Between 9:00am and 9:10pm 24 out of the 28 trains will see service changes. Some are as small as 1 minute other are as large as 25 minutes.
 #1328709  by srock1028

CentralValleyRail wrote:Main and Bergen County Line Inbound Midday Service is going to have some changes come May 17th.

Between 9:00am and 9:10pm 24 out of the 28 trains will see service changes. Some are as small as 1 minute other are as large as 25 minutes.
Where did you see this? Are there changes on the Newark Division also?
 #1328721  by EuroStar

CentralValleyRail wrote:Main and Bergen County Line Inbound Midday Service is going to have some changes come May 17th.

Are these expected to be temporary to accommodate the track work or are they going to become permanent? BTW, any hope that after the track work they will trim a minute or two from the running times end to end? Seems like it is taking longer than it used to 2 years ago and certain trains are always two-three minutes behind their published schedules at certain stops (I know they do not count as delayed unless they are late more than 5:59 minutes at the final destination, but missing certain unscheduled connections in Secaucus by a minute is certainly annoying.)
 #1328770  by CentralValleyRail

srock1028 wrote:

Point to Point on the NJT Schedules Page after 5/17.

The Bergen County Line Trains Inbound will now leave Boro Hall at :28 (give or take) instead of :54. The 10:02am is scrapped. Main Line is all switched around as well. All Midday Outbound Service will continue onto Suffern with 1 or 2 exemptions. (vs. previously terminating at Ridgewood)

Pascack no changes more than 2-3 minute changes.

Montclair Boonton no changes more than 2 minutes.

That's all I checked. Stuff that could affect me lol.

Didn't check the Newark Division. But I did check for the Direct NYP-BH trains and nothing came up.
EuroStar wrote:

Are these expected to be temporary to accommodate the track work or are they going to become permanent? BTW, any hope that after the track work they will trim a minute or two from the running times end to end? Seems like it is taking longer than it used to 2 years ago and certain trains are always two-three minutes behind their published schedules at certain stops (I know they do not count as delayed unless they are late more than 5:59 minutes at the final destination, but missing certain unscheduled connections in Secaucus by a minute is certainly annoying.)
Pretty sure its permanent. Going back to a 2007 like midday schedule.
 #1328890  by SecaucusJunction

Very welcome to the outer end of the Main Line, but unlike 2007, I believe the trains will be local down the line
 #1328950  by hovercat

CentralValleyRail wrote:
srock1028 wrote:

Point to Point on the NJT Schedules Page after 5/17.

The Bergen County Line Trains Inbound will now leave Boro Hall at :28 (give or take) instead of :54. The 10:02am is scrapped. Main Line is all switched around as well. All Midday Outbound Service will continue onto Suffern with 1 or 2 exemptions. (vs. previously terminating at Ridgewood)

Pascack no changes more than 2-3 minute changes.

Montclair Boonton no changes more than 2 minutes.

That's all I checked. Stuff that could affect me lol.

Didn't check the Newark Division. But I did check for the Direct NYP-BH trains and nothing came up.
EuroStar wrote:

Pretty sure its permanent. Going back to a 2007 like midday schedule.
The problem with speculating on schedules without any actual facts is that you're usually wrong. You should just wait and see what it looks like when the printed timetables get released to the public but I'll say this... you and SecaucusJunction (the user who complains a lot, not the station) are both going to be disappointed since you've now inspired some lofty expectations.
 #1328992  by CentralValleyRail

SecaucusJunction wrote:Very welcome to the outer end of the Main Line, but unlike 2007, I believe the trains will be local down the line

Yes it appears that way. I have a feeling train 62 (coming from PJ) at times will delay 1170 with only an 8 minute in departure times from Suffern. What should be done is run 62 express from Suffern to Ridgewood and let 1170 pickup the local passengers.

1168 appears to skip Mahwah and Allendale.
 #1329120  by CentralValleyRail

http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet. ... SE_ID=2990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great for the 200 or so people that use it a day. LOL.

Although I see this as a plus (if you build it they will come).

And I'm sure it will gain more Ridership than the RVL which is averaging horrific numbers.
Still neglecting us up North though :P
 #1329122  by R3 Passenger

CentralValleyRail wrote:http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet. ... SE_ID=2990

Great for the 200 or so people that use it a day. LOL.

Although I see this as a plus (if you build it they will come).

And I'm sure it will gain more Ridership than the RVL which is averaging horrific numbers.
Still neglecting us up North though :P
I thought I sensed a disturbance on the 4th.

Anyway, puns aside, it is about time this happened. It is a great example and model of the versatility of the ALP 45-DPs.

Is this simply extending existing electric trains to Bay Head, or is this extending existing shuttles to NYP? The difference between the two is equipment and capacity. Will we see 8 car multilevel trains in Bay Head?

I can't wait to see the full timetable!
 #1329124  by SecaucusJunction

There won't be any "new" rush hour trains into NYP. No capacity. They'll extend the existing trains to Bay Head... but aren't ML's banned from down there?
 #1329135  by CentralValleyRail

They are extending the shuttles from Bay Head into the city. The Hoboken trains will terminate at Long Branch. Will be interesting to see If they use electric to Long Branch from Hoboken. Imagine using arrows LOL