• Lackawanna Cutoff Passenger Service Restoration

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: Tadman, nick11a, Kaback9, ACeInTheHole

by lensovet

CJPat wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:57 am The Hudson Farm Culvert easement issue was also resolved about a year or so ago.
Yes and remember that they can't do any construction April-November, that the tunnel has since deteriorated and needs additional design work, and that they want to do the tunnel and station work in parallel. So, practically speaking, the only thing they can do is finish up the design work and hopefully do as much as they can before April 2021 before they have to put things on hold again until November.

though you're right, the tentative agreement was announced in April 2018, so almost two years ago now. the andover website is quite useless and their meeting notes are completely lacking in detail (e.g. https://www.ecode360.com/documents/AN20 ... 999496.pdf simply says "Ms. Blackburn provided an update on train station matters."), so unclear when the "tentative" agreement was actually finalized.
  by Statkowski

I wonder how many people here, other than myself, actually experienced riding over the Lackawanna Cutoff via the Phoebe Snow or Lake Cities.
  by JoeG

I have, at least 4 roundtrips on the Cutoff, two on Phoebe. They had postcards in the observation car that you could address and put in a box. The railroad stamped and mailed them. But at the time a postcard's postage was only 1 or 2 cents.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Me too, Sgt.

And like Mr. Grossman, used the postcards and mail drop in Miss. Phoebe's Obs.
  by Statkowski

Breakfast (or lunch?) in the diner passing through Newark, N.J. heading westward, liquid refreshment in the observation tavern lounge car out of Scranton, Pa. returning eastward. The only way to travel.
  by Jeff Smith

I'm all for discussion, and rarely lock topics any more. We're a discussion! forum, right? :wink: But when we get off into fantasy land, and talk about projects not within the scope, or there's been no movement on a project, or all of the above, I will throw a lock on a topic. It's not going to be Amtrak, and it's not going to BInghamton or Chicago or East BumF*ck. I'm all for driving traffic, but for now we're going to call a halt. Please email a moderator or admin if there are current developments.