Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1266381  by Tadman

Happy Monday guys! I was just looking at a pic of a few Baldwins moving freight along the ACL and it struck me that the line likely has no more shippers for freight traffic. I was going to ask here but it looks like Wikipedia says, save for a short stretch, ACL is freight-free. How long has this been the case? What kind of shippers (traffic) did ACL have and were there any somewhat recently or has it been since PC/NJDot days that any freight traffic was present?
 #1266460  by chuchubob

Southern Railroad of NJ operates freight trains on NJ Transit's Atlantic City Line between Winslow and Pleasantville.
 #1266859  by pumpers

chuchubob wrote:Southern Railroad of NJ operates freight trains on NJ Transit's Atlantic City Line between Winslow and Pleasantville.
I've read they run a stone train regularly to supply a distributor in the Pleasantville area (except in winter). What other traffic is there to/from Pleasantville? JS
 #1268151  by glennk419

pumpers wrote:
chuchubob wrote:Southern Railroad of NJ operates freight trains on NJ Transit's Atlantic City Line between Winslow and Pleasantville.
I've read they run a stone train regularly to supply a distributor in the Pleasantville area (except in winter). What other traffic is there to/from Pleasantville? JS
The seasonal stone trains are about it these days. There was a C&D transload facility, also in Pleasantville, but I believe that was shut down by the township a couple years ago.
 #1337749  by Jayjay1213

Are they still running to Pleasantville? If so, when do they usually go?

Thanks!