Railroad Forums 

• Garwood Industrial Track Equipment Storage

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1255660  by Regardie

None of the Arrows are in the 1300 range, everything is in the 1400 range. I noticed the other day that ALL the locomotives are missing number boards but none of the Arrow MU seem to have been similarly affected. No love for the electric MU? A lot of the Arrows are missing pans and are sitting on trucks with wheels covered in yellow paint, I don't expect any of them to be put back into service.
 #1256688  by Ken W2KB

genesis11980 wrote:Looks like a clean sweep of all the locos in Garwood. Unless they just moved them down towards Westfield, they're all gone. The move must have occurred mid-morning. Some of the comets behind PathMark are gone too.
Saw the locos much closer to Westfield an hour or so ago from 5737.
 #1266181  by sullivan1985

ApproachMedium wrote:Are the arrow cars gone? How many engines are still left? And all of the coaches are back at MMC now then or just a lot of them?
Many arrows remain. Three F40s (4121, 4122, 4128) recently returned to the MMC. Many coaches have returned to the MMC over time. Looks like only 2 or 3 coaches remain. Some returned to service. Not everything that went to Garwood was written off.
 #1267357  by Regardie

sullivan1985 wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:Are the arrow cars gone? How many engines are still left? And all of the coaches are back at MMC now then or just a lot of them?
Many arrows remain. Three F40s (4121, 4122, 4128) recently returned to the MMC. Many coaches have returned to the MMC over time. Looks like only 2 or 3 coaches remain. Some returned to service. Not everything that went to Garwood was written off.
Inventory as I was traveling past on Apr 29 - 7 locomotives, 1 Comet coach, 22 Arrow MU, plus another set of 16 Arrow MU on the CNJ under the Parkway near Aldene.
 #1271855  by sullivan1985

Regardie wrote:I don't think the inventory of locomotives and coaches has changed but I did notice that some Arrows have better tags on their sides and several are now missing windows.
The collection at Garwood has changed significantly over the last few months.