Railroad Forums 

• ALP-45-DP Usage/Service Patterns

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1267117  by ACeInTheHole

srock1028 wrote:
ryanov wrote:They sure do like running these things in diesel under the wires, don't they? Every time I've seen one recently, they've been in diesel.
And where is this?? On the M&E, they have be in electric between Dover and Newark Broad St when traveling to/from Hoboken. On the Montclair Line, they have to be in electric between MSU and Newark Broad St when traveling to/from Hoboken. On the RVL, they change modes in Newark.
The 4525 was in diesel on 660 the other day through Mountain Station and i have pics to prove it.
 #1267118  by srock1028

ACeInTheHole wrote:
srock1028 wrote:
ryanov wrote:They sure do like running these things in diesel under the wires, don't they? Every time I've seen one recently, they've been in diesel.
And where is this?? On the M&E, they have be in electric between Dover and Newark Broad St when traveling to/from Hoboken. On the Montclair Line, they have to be in electric between MSU and Newark Broad St when traveling to/from Hoboken. On the RVL, they change modes in Newark.
The 4525 was in diesel on 660 the other day through Mountain Station and i have pics to prove it.
If you mean yesterday, that is because the train had mechanical issues, was operating almost 45 minutes late at one point and was cancelled at Summit.

-NO BS
 #1267122  by ACeInTheHole

srock1028 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
srock1028 wrote:
If you mean yesterday, that is because the train had mechanical issues, was operating almost 45 minutes late at one point and was cancelled at Summit.

-NO BS
No. Two days ago.
 #1267125  by srock1028

ACeInTheHole wrote:
srock1028 wrote:

-NO BS
No. Two days ago.
Interesting, thanks
 #1267139  by ACeInTheHole

srock1028 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
srock1028 wrote:

-NO BS
No. Two days ago.
Interesting, thanks
Youre welcome.. 4525 isnt the only offender, 4509 too a few weeks ago. Check Facebook later ill send you both shots. Not in the mood to deal with the BBCcode here
 #1267337  by ryanov

The train I saw was on the Montclair line on Wednesday, heading west from Montclair Heights. Diesel. But I saw one come into Newark Broad on diesel the other day too, and did not switch modes. I can't remember where it was going to/coming from.
 #1271611  by CNJGeep

It is my understanding that 4512 is back on the property. Keep your eyes peeled.
 #1271849  by Regardie

I have noticed that a lot of the 45's have been replaced with 42's on the RVL. I had a single seat ride on the RVL that got stopped at Newark last week due to "mechanical issues" and we had to transfer with our seat checks to the next inbound train.

Then again, yesterday I was able to catch the 1:47 from NYP and single seat ride home so it appears hit and miss.
 #1271998  by CNJGeep

I saw at least three the other day when I was out there. I also saw quite a few six-car sets. I guess they're drilling out the seventh car.
 #1272130  by CNJGeep

kilroy wrote:The RVL has six-cars sets and only one seven-car set.
I wonder how long that has been the case, since the line went to all 7-ML upon the start of through service. I know prior to that six cars and one seven was normal.
 #1272136  by ThirdRail7

CNJGeep wrote:
kilroy wrote:The RVL has six-cars sets and only one seven-car set.
I wonder how long that has been the case, since the line went to all 7-ML upon the start of through service. I know prior to that six cars and one seven was normal.
A cursory scan reveals most of the RVL trains run with 7 cars. I remembering NJT saying they were making them longer since the inbound Pulaski Skyway is closed for a few years. I also noticed a large amount of the trains are equipped with the Alp-45s.

I'm sure Srock can expand upon my findings.