Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1216320  by airman00

beanbag wrote:
airman00 wrote:Speaking of being fixed... On the locomotive repair list it still shows 4 diesels awaiting repair. What are those engines? Geeps or otherwise?
Yes, the dual modes have their own separate category.
I know that. I was curious which diesels are still awaiting repair.
 #1216554  by 25Hz

airman00 wrote:
beanbag wrote:
airman00 wrote:Speaking of being fixed... On the locomotive repair list it still shows 4 diesels awaiting repair. What are those engines? Geeps or otherwise?
Yes, the dual modes have their own separate category.
I know that. I was curious which diesels are still awaiting repair.
I'm wondering if they are only doing flood damage repairs, or full repairs on units with issues that needed to be shopped before the storm? What was shopped or BO before the storm? What of those have been seen in service since?
 #1216968  by morris&essex4ever

So far, this is looking like a quiet season. Maybe this will be like 2006 or better!
 #1216976  by ACeInTheHole

morris&essex4ever wrote:So far, this is looking like a quiet season. Maybe this will be like 2006 or better!
Wouldnt be so quick to speak there morris, Sandy didnt come around for another month.
 #1217321  by morris&essex4ever

That's why I said so far. I think we're just past the halfway point so 2 more months and it's over.
 #1217323  by MBTA1016

Don't worry about it, the peak of hurricane season passed. Sandy was a freak storm and will always be that freak storm that hit during our lifetime.
 #1219584  by nomis

N.J. gov blames civil servant for Sandy train damage
http://www.courierpostonline.com/viewar ... ain-damage
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says a low-level manager — not the state’s mass transit chief — was to blame for failing to move trains to higher ground during Superstorm Sandy, causing $120 million in damage.

Christie told The Record newspaper’s editorial board Thursday that the employee deviated from a storm plan at the last minute without the knowledge of New Jersey Transit executive director Jim Weinstein.
In other news ...

to keep the mod happy :-)
 #1219630  by Defiant

Mbta fan wrote:Don't worry about it, the peak of hurricane season passed. Sandy was a freak storm and will always be that freak storm that hit during our lifetime.
I envy your confidence... I am sure you will be correct at least 50% of the time...
But all the theories and simulations about the warming of the planet seem to indicate that the weather will become more unsettled, with an increased potential of devastating storms like Sandy.
 #1219659  by airman00

I'm sorry and mean no offense to anyone, but a "low-level manager" is to blame for the entire equipment damage suffered by sandy?! And the executive director knew nothing?! I don't believe that for one second!! This poor guy is simply just a "fall guy". But that's life... the CEO never gets in trouble.
 #1219828  by michaelk

airman00 wrote:I'm sorry and mean no offense to anyone, but a "low-level manager" is to blame for the entire equipment damage suffered by sandy?! And the executive director knew nothing?! I don't believe that for one second!! This poor guy is simply just a "fall guy". But that's life... the CEO never gets in trouble.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/1 ... rvant.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
However, the Record reported that a review of emails it obtained through a public records request shows that in contrast to Christie’s remarks, at least 15 agency executives and managers were aware of fleet movements into low-lying areas. Included in at least one email was Weinstein — whom Christie has held blameless for the damage and who the governor praised enthusiastically during the editorial board meeting.

apparently sounds like this guy (perhaps) had something to do with some stuff getting flooded in Hoboken- and conveniently they're just ignoring what happened at MMC
 #1219834  by airman00

You know... isn't it the job of the executive director to be a leader in a time of crisis? Shouldn't he be making the final decision on matters then ALSO checking to make sure the plan was properly implemented? (All that takes is a phone call.)
 #1219873  by MBTA1016

Steve F45 wrote:S#^T rolls down hill.
And that's why the lunatics are always at the top of any company. :)
 #1221006  by 25Hz

airman00 wrote:You know... isn't it the job of the executive director to be a leader in a time of crisis? Shouldn't he be making the final decision on matters then ALSO checking to make sure the plan was properly implemented? (All that takes is a phone call.)
Communications could have been hampered leaving te accused with no alternative but do what they did, however i'm still reserving a canister of salt.