• NJT Heritage 40th Anniversary Program

  • Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: Tadman, nick11a, Kaback9, ACeInTheHole

  by nightmare403
 
As of 12:30 am its sitting on the outside inspection track in Hoboken
  by sullivan1985
 
For those keeping score, three of the six cars are shopped. Only the EL, CR and NJDOT cars remain in the train.

It also appears a second train is being made as there is a ML cab car in the MMC with Conrail decals on it. Maybe they'll clean this one before it's released to the public.
  by nightmare403
 
Half of 40 (CR,NJDOT and Erie Lackawana) is on MetLife shuttle
  by CNJGeep
 
The CNJ is floating around buried in a motor set.
PRR 7036 was on a test train last week
  by nightmare403
 
Erie Lack. Is sitting in Hoboken yard behind ALP-45 and their was also a comet cab in front of metro north GP40 today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by orangeline
 
Since 1993 I've lived in the Chicago suburbs. But I was born and raised in New Jersey and have always been interested in the railroads there.

My wish for true NJT heritage representation is to have a locomotive or cab car represent the Camden and Amboy Rail Road and Transportation Company and another to remember the New Jersey Rail Road and Transportation Company. The C&A opened rail transport between metro NYC and metro Philly and it, together with the NJRR, developed today's NE corridor through NJ years before the PRR stepped in. The PRR wouldn't have become the "standard railroad of the world" without the C&A and NJRR doing the initial development.

Those are my $0.02.
  by nightmare403
 
NJDOT is the only heritage on the MetLife shuttle
  by steemtrayn
 
kilroy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Wish they had wrapped locomotives. Would have been interesting to see an ALP-46 in Tuscan red with cat whiskers not to mention a GP-40 painted up CNJ again.
Done. CNJ paint (blue), PRR and EL wraps. Debuting at MMC Family Day.
  by nightmare403
 
steemtrayn wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:01 am
kilroy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Wish they had wrapped locomotives. Would have been interesting to see an ALP-46 in Tuscan red with cat whiskers not to mention a GP-40 painted up CNJ again.
Done. CNJ paint (blue), PRR and EL wraps. Debuting at MMC Family Day.
When is mmc family day
  by steemtrayn
 
nightmare403 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:46 am
steemtrayn wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:01 am
kilroy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Wish they had wrapped locomotives. Would have been interesting to see an ALP-46 in Tuscan red with cat whiskers not to mention a GP-40 painted up CNJ again.
Done. CNJ paint (blue), PRR and EL wraps. Debuting at MMC Family Day.
When is mmc family day
Today.
  by Tadman
 
Interesting that there's a black stripe on the body bevel for both the PRR and EL jobs. Does that have to do with the fact it's a wrap and perhaps hard to wrap that piece due to complex curves?
  by nightmare403
 
We have yet to see NJDOT and CR
  by CNJGeep
 
nightmare403 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:02 pm We have yet to see NJDOT and CR
Good luck.
  by blockline4180
 
nightmare403 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:02 pm We have yet to see NJDOT and CR
4212 was supposed to get Conrail,.. The NJDOT and PRSL are yet to be determined... Rumors of them being used on the tack on order of dual modes being assembled in Germany, but nothing confirmed.