Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#861767  by kjd73170

Anyone heading to Rutgers for the Mass Transit and Trolley Modelers meet? http://www.nycmodeltransit.org/

I went there a few years ago and saw so many items I have never seen anywhere else for sale. Like resin subway shells - In N scale or TARS cars in HO Brass.

It's always worth the ride and besides the RU Hungry truck is nearby. http://www.ruhungrynj.net/menu.html
 #861839  by Eliphaz

:( I have work this weekend, otherwise I'd be there. I missed the Boston show too.
I hope someone who goes will post a report here...
Last edited by Eliphaz on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #861847  by kjd73170

The Boston Meet in May was excellent! The Best of Show model was a scratch built Brooklyn Elevated Convertible car, very nicely done! The collectibles for sale were beyond what ANY light rail fain could ask for and the group from the Seashore Trolley Museum couldn't have been any nicer. I have pictures of the show I can post. And I'll post any pictures I take Saturday.
 #867721  by kjd73170

For those who went to this, it was as good if not better than the show in Mass. this May. Although the space was a bit smaller than the Americal in Mass, the space was full of great vendors (An original NYW&B Gun Hill Road sign for sale, Original IRT, BMT and IND items for sale, videos, etc...) and great operators. The folks from Transit Transit, a great NYC transit show on PBS, were there to film the event and do some commentary on the indoor and outdoor (historic buses in the parking lot) activities. If you missed the show the spot on the upcoming Transit Transit episode should give you an idea of what it was like. Well worth the trip, especially having a sandwich at the RU Hungry truck down the street afterwards.
 #868211  by kjd73170

You know what, yes I do have pics I'll post when I get home. Transit Transit was there filming and I do not recall when they say it'll be airing.
 #870066  by jaystreetcrr

Thanks for posting the pix! I had a great time at this, my first trolley meet. Met lots of cool people and came away with tons of ideas and stuff. The TARS #1204 car in several of the shots is mine...nice to see it.
 #870228  by kjd73170

The TARS car is the one on the reviewing stand? I voted for that car. I loved the "Obey the 8 foot law" sign on the door. One of the nicest I have seen in HO for a long time. Were you there when Transit Transit was filming? Next show like that I think is the East Penn traction show outside Philadelphia next May. I have never made it to that show (always something happening on that weekend) but this year I am going to do my darndest to get there.

Thanks and happy modeling!
 #870411  by jaystreetcrr

Yes that's my TARS car. Funny thing, the Obey the 8 Foot Law sign was the last thing I did, up late the night before the meet trying to finish it. I assume that means autos have to keep their distance? I'd love to make the East Penn meet too. I met some nice folks at Rutgers, especially the people with the N scale modules.