Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#792761  by L'mont

It seems that the C has been out of service on many weekends in the past few months. This makes my trek home to 175th st/181st st. much longer. What's the story with the constant use of the A as a local? Is there maintenance going on or is this some sort of cost saving measure?

Should the MTA weather the current fiscal crisis without cutting too much more and should we emerge to more prosperous times, what are the odds that the A might stay an express around the clock? Certainly the demand is growing with the continuing revival in the area (although at the infantile stages).
 #792771  by Kamen Rider

L'mont wrote:It seems that the C has been out of service on many weekends in the past few months. This makes my trek home to 175th st/181st st. much longer. What's the story with the constant use of the A as a local? Is there maintenance going on or is this some sort of cost saving measure?
construction 99.99999999% of the time.
Should the MTA weather the current fiscal crisis without cutting too much more
that'll be the day
and should we emerge to more prosperous times, what are the odds that the A might stay an express around the clock? Certainly the demand is growing with the continuing revival in the area (although at the infantile stages).
Nil
 #792809  by L'mont

When is the construction going to wrap up?

Why the definite lack of service expansion? I can understand these lousy economic times, but why the certainty with A service?