Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#742625  by chuchubob

grink wrote:The MTA hasn't updated their website to reflect a 2009 Holiday Nostalgia Train running this year. Anyone hear anything yet or is this normal for them to not update their page until closer to the actual running?
Yes, that's normal.
The grapevine says the Arnines will run as last year: Sundays in December on the V between Queens Plaza and 2nd Ave.
 #745687  by Allan

The train runs on Sundays during December 2009.

The train leaves 2nd Avenue at:

10:00 AM
11:30 AM
1:00 PM
2:30 PM
4:00 PM

It leaves Queens Plaza at:

10:45 AM
12:15 PM
1:45 PM
3:15 PM
4:45 PM

The trip takes about 30 minutes with about a 15 minute layover at either end (this may vary depending on how the traffic is in front of the train).
 #749965  by hi55us

chuchubob wrote:
grink wrote:The MTA hasn't updated their website to reflect a 2009 Holiday Nostalgia Train running this year. Anyone hear anything yet or is this normal for them to not update their page until closer to the actual running?
Yes, that's normal.
The grapevine says the Arnines will run as last year: Sundays in December on the V between Queens Plaza and 2nd Ave.
between queens plaza and 2nd Ave.? Do they run all the way to 71st Continential where the V terminates? I'd like to catch a ride tomorrow!
 #749967  by Ken S.

hi55us wrote:between queens plaza and 2nd Ave.? Do they run all the way to 71st Continential where the V terminates? I'd like to catch a ride tomorrow!
They're not running tomorrow due to the winter weather.
 #750027  by hi55us

Ken S. wrote:
hi55us wrote:between queens plaza and 2nd Ave.? Do they run all the way to 71st Continential where the V terminates? I'd like to catch a ride tomorrow!
They're not running tomorrow due to the winter weather.
ahh not suprised. Thanks for the heads up!