Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

Will SubTalk reopen by 10/27/04?

yes
17%
no
83%

#55260  by N.Y. State Of Mind

I don't think so.

#55266  by 7 Train

I would guess that SubTalk would re-open for a brief period in time for the NYC Subway Centennial in mid/late October just for the Centennial period only.

#55428  by Robert Paniagua

I highly doubt that it'll ever open, especially after the bloodbath and torture that has been going on, I highly doubt that Mr. Pirmann will ever reactivate the SubTalk Forum.

#55815  by Skip-Stop

Mr. Fendrick is running a better alternative anyhow.

#56559  by GP38

Will it reopen again? Probably.
Will it reopen by October 27th? Probably not.

I am glad that there is the SubChat alternative, and it's almost like SubTalk. ALthough it has an occasional problem, it seems to be doing good. I do prefer SubTalk to SubChat, however, I am thankful SubChat is around because the hiatus has been much more bearable now than the last time.
Hopefully Dave will put it up again. The one thing that I feel is a good feature is the locking of threads that Larry has been doing when things get out of control. Interestingly, there could be a very off topic or crazy thread going on, it gets locked, and it ends just like that. It seems to work even better than when the thead just disappeared, because you can actually look back and see who made fools out of themselves, so some people may have been a bit more cautious about making fools out of themselves when it was obvious a thread would be deleted.

#56672  by Skip-Stop

If Dave brings SubTalk back, he'll need to implement those changes he mentioned a while ago or else it'll make no difference.