Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#692003  by radioboy

I'm looking for a clean recording of an NYC subway door chime to use as a text message sound. Car model/line number doesn't matter, but I can't seem to find any that don't have a ton of background noise.
 #692866  by drumz0rz

Whoever made the 2 line for the BVE simulator has a decent door chime sound. Not sure if you can pull the .wav from that game, or if it's encoded as something else.

On a slightly related topic, I've always wondered, what's with the varience in the chime? I can understand the difference between car series and different manufacturers, but how come 2 cars of the same train will have different tone chimes? How does an electronic sound lose it's tuning?
 #694876  by SubaruWRX

I have one which do you want one from an R142 or the older Ding/Dong sound?

I have voice announcements as well when I did recordings of the subway.
 #695529  by drumz0rz

Could you throw them up on some free file hosting site as a .zip file or something like that? I'd love to get the recordings too if you wouldn't mind.
 #695570  by SubaruWRX

Here you go.. You will have a little of the HVAC system the vent was right near the speaker.. like I told a friend who was riding with me they sound like a friken windstorm listening back.

I also included a sound clip of one of the stops I was unsure how it came out but it was good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/257994387/S ... s.zip.html

I wonder should I try again in the winter maybe the HVAC wont be running?