Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#538339  by jonnhrr

I will be going to lower Manhattan on a business trip Monday 5/26 (Memorial day) and was planning to take the 2/3 from Penn Sta down to Wall St. where my hotel is located. According to the MTA website there is construction going on at Fulton St. so there is a possibility I will have to take a different route (prob. go up to Times Sq and take the R to Whitehall St.)

My question is - does anyone know if they will be doing construction this weekend and re-routing the 2/3?

Jon

#538843  by jonnhrr

I answered mu own question - I found another service advisory which indicates there will be re-routes next weekend (5/31 - 6/2) but this weekend looks OK, just a few station closures and 2/3 running local 96th to chambers.

Jon

#540071  by jonnhrr

Just got back, things were as expected, the only quirk was that they had the 1 running on the express tracks as far as Chambers (I think) then bussing passengers from there to SF. 2/3 were using the local tracks.

As an aside I got there early enough to get a fun pass and do a little riding, first down to Wall st on 2/3 to check in to my hotel, then back on the 4/5 from its Wall ST station to Brooklyn Bridge ,was going to take the J/Z from Broad St. but that station seemed to be closed :( walked out on Brooklyn Bridge to get photos, then back on 4/5 for a nice express run up to Grand Central. Stopped off here for dinner, then had to ride the shuttle to/from Times Sq. In retrospect I should have ridden the R back to Rector St. for variety but elected to take 4/5 back to Bowling Green.

I wish I'd had more time and been able to ride out to Coney Island, perhaps the B/Q line out and the F back, well hopefully I'll get another trip to do that. I still have a Metrocard with $2 left on it so I've got to use that up between now and July 2009 :-)

Jon