Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#437585  by n2cbo

Was there ever a "T" or "TT" train? If there was, where did it go? I seem to remember vaguely from my younger days seeing a "T" lettered train. Or is my mind playing tricks on me again in my old age... :-)
 #442701  by Trainmaster5

"T" was the West End Broadway Exp back in the early"60's until the Chyristie St. connection opened. It ran rush hours from Astoria to Coney Island. The "TT" was the local which ran middays from Chambers St., via Montague St. tunnel and Nassau loop to Coney Island or Bay Parkway on the West End line I believe. I think the "T" bypassed Dekalb Ave. If I recall correctly thr "TT" relayed north of Chambers St. and went back south through the loop and tunnel to Brooklyn.
Last edited by Trainmaster5 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#442798  by bellstbarn

In our family, "TT" was an abbreviation for toilet tissue. What I noticed at the time (when letters replaced BMT route number signs), was that there was a Q, a QB (local via bridge), and I think a QT (local via tunnel). However, there was no TB train, for obvious reasons.

TT

#444540  by Tom Curtin

"TT" is 1/120th scale, rarely seen in this country. There might be HO or N subways around, though.

(Sorry I couldn't resist that . . . we all profit from a little levity)