Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#432987  by Love Train

I just returned from a seven week "vacation" in the outdoors, far away from the real world, especially the world of transit.

I'll be heading up to the City in no time, so I'd like to know what to expect. Exactly which lines can I find the R160s on at this point? Are there any cars no longer in use for good? Are any more lines going to get R160s in the near future? Also, have there been any changes in the subway system in general?

I can't wait to hear about what's going on! Skimming over the threads, I can tell there's an R160 buzz in the air.

#433044  by DCmetrogreen

Well, there was a nasty storm earlier in the week that dumped 3 inches of rain and included the first tornado in Brooklyn. Massive subway flooding resulted in very strange service. R-42's on the F and G trains. Some R-42's are now in service on A trains as well. More 4 car R-160's are going in Eastern Div service.

#437862  by Silverliner II

I rode a set of R160's on the N train yesterday. Saw 4 sets in service on the line between Coney Island and Herald Square...

#437910  by geoking66

So far I've seen the R160 on the A and N.