Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#417661  by northjerseybuff

What is the story with this frequency? It is also the Delaware Lackawanna's main freq out of Scranton and apparently SEPTA's down near Philly. I live in north jersey and leave it on during the week in my scanner so its in place when I head to the Poconos.
I hear Path on it a few times an hour it seems..someone saying..something about an Agent..33rd st agent..or WTC agent..hoboken agent..but never anything more. Am I hearing 1 side of a conversation?
 #624978  by OportRailfan

I believe that's dispatch trying to contact the redcoat that is on their respective platform.

And yeah...one side of the conversation...probably can't hear the portables that they have if you're not within range.

*sorry to bring back this dead thread guys* haha
 #643605  by ROCKER

northjerseybuff wrote:What is the story with this frequency? It is also the Delaware Lackawanna's main freq out of Scranton and apparently SEPTA's down near Philly. I live in north jersey and leave it on during the week in my scanner so its in place when I head to the Poconos.
I hear Path on it a few times an hour it seems..someone saying..something about an Agent..33rd st agent..or WTC agent..hoboken agent..but never anything more. Am I hearing 1 side of a conversation?
What you hear is known as channel r3 on paths radios its the passeger agents and the secuity guards that use that.R1 is the train crew channel and r2 is the pa cops
 #644186  by ROCKER

OportRailfan wrote:they use trunking?
nah those are the channel names for the radios path uses