Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#272213  by Fred G

I chased for some of the trip, seeing them at Smith-9th and then caught them at Stillwell. Unfortunately the Lo-V's had mechanical/electrical issues, so the trip was delayed. The bright side is that they used the Arnines to tow the Lo-V's. Bonus!

Here is my album of the day's field trip:

http://www.madre-de-dios.org/gallery2/v ... al/072206/

You'll have to wade through rail photos other than just Lo-V's but I'm sure you'll make do :wink:

#272224  by pennsy

Hi Fred,

Nice shots, but you KNOW where I gravitated ----- to the Lo V shots. Nice to see some old friends back in service. That is really where I learned how to Rock & Roll. And those huge overhead fans for the summer. Great for catching the TV antenna you just bought from Lafayette Radio on Canal St. Manhattan, and saw it smack the gal sitting across the aisle in the head. What a mess. You had to watch how high the package you were carrying could reach in those days. The blades of the fan were completely exposed and would catch anything that could reach it. And yes, I wound up dating that gal. Lots of romance on those LoV cars.

#272273  by pennsy

Yo Fred,

Great shot. I had forgotten how HUGE those overhead fans were.

#276365  by High Iron Photography

you have some really great pictures on that site, awesome use of b&w technique.

#276383  by Fred G

Thanks, High Iron. Looks like you cover the other side of NYC from me (CT here).