Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#254419  by Love Train

Last weekend I was up in the Big Apple and needed to get from Grand Central to 77th St. The Service Advisory on the MTA website said that all 4 trains were running local between Grand Central and Brooklyn Bridge. Needless to say, when a 4 train arrived on the uptown local track, I let it pass, thinking it would go express and bypass my station. So I wait a long time, about 8 minutes, for a 6 train, and I take it to 77th St. Wouldn't you know it but as soon as my 6 train left, a 4 train arrived on the downtown track. I felt really bad because I had waited an extra 8 minutes for nothing, but also confused.

I learned later that all 4 trains were running local between 125th St and Brooklyn Bridge, and have been since March.

But anyway, why does the MTA say that the 4 is going local between Grand Central and Brooklyn Bridge when in fact it is going local all the way to 125th St? Riders can be confused by this, as I was last weekend.