Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by The RailMan

before I start I want to wish everyone here on railroad.net a Happy Thanksgiving!

And now for my question...

About an hour ago I had to drive down to Katonah Avenue in Woodlawn, I passed the semi-circle where the Bx34 bus originates from, across from the stop, there was a dark gray/silverish Ford Crown Victoria police car and being I was doing 30 MPH, I had passed before I could slow down to get a good look, but I could have sworn with the glimpse I got it said "RAIL OPS" between the rear wheelwell and taillight

Would this perhaps be involved with the NYCTA or is it just coincidence it was parked across from the Bx34?

by The Port of Authority

I think that you saw a MTA Bus (ex-New York Bus Service) vehicle with "ROAD OPS" written on the side.

by The RailMan

Thanks for the info, while approaching that particular intersection I felt it was a bit more of a priority to keep an eye on the light/traffic than to check out what it said. When I came around again the car was gone, so perhaps that is what it said, maybe I'll get another chance to see it.