Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#149107  by RailBus63

Maybe, maybe not. The R-62's have all the signs for every IRT route.

If you're going to Photoshop that shot, put a purple '11' up there.

JD

#149250  by 7 Train

No. The R62A set was mostly likely being delivered to the 7 from the 3 line, as it was common in 2003.

#149320  by Majinvegeta

OK but is this photoshopped??

#149426  by li7039

yes

#149665  by Robert Paniagua

You bet it is, but I wish it was a real photo, to at least accomodate some of the R32 and R38s to the open air lines (A, Rock Park S, and D plus F to name a few).

#149860  by Otto Vondrak

Besides the purple-11, my favorite line is the baby-blue 8... or the baby-blue 10! What makes you think these shots are photoshopped?

#156735  by F40

Is that Woodside where the 3 train is?

And the A train is photoshopped because the A doesn't run with any R68/A's, as shown in the image. (Looks like R68A on the image, depending on the first number of the car # but I could be wrong)

#156951  by GP38

Yes, that "3 Train" is on the "7 Line" at Woodside. As the R142's were coming in, and the redbirds were being retired, there was a lot of suffling of equipment. I think the the 6 line's equipment was transferred to the West Side IRT, and the West side IRT's equipment was being tranfserred to the 7 line. That's why the "3" is on there.

As for the A photo on an R68, I believe that one is doctored. It's not because the "can't or don't" run them on the A line, it's because I think I vaguely remember seing that photo at SubTalk a while back, and the discussion was that it was doctored. I don't know the specifics anymore.

But the 3 Train at Woodside is real.

#157606  by 7 Train

GP38 wrote:Yes, that "3 Train" is on the "7 Line" at Woodside. As the R142's were coming in, and the Redbirds were being retired, there was a lot of suffling of equipment. I think the the 6 line's equipment was transferred to the West Side IRT, and the West side IRT's equipment was being tranfserred to the 7 line. That's why the "3" is on there.
But the 3 Train at Woodside is real.
Actually, the 6's R62As went to the 7 and now serve as 5-car sets. The R62As from the 3 are singles and are used to make 11-car trains on the 7. The 1's R62As (2156-2475) did not change.

#158226  by Majinvegeta

District D RTC wrote:Some "questionable" R-44 images.

http://www.utcny.org/real.html

--JSW

"Dis is a bronx bound 9, makin skip, 181 is next, 9 makin skip stops, stand clear!"
Actually these R44s pics are real. I have also seen those LCD signs when they park up at the 3rd track between 111st and lefferts blvd.

#158423  by 4 Express

Majinvegeta is right.

#158569  by RedSoxSuck

Looking at the "A" closely, the letter looks, to me at least, to be out of perspective.

#158943  by Majinvegeta

i see nothing wrong with the A. It looks the same to me