Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by arrow

I have a feeling that a fare increase is coming soon to PATH. Not sure how much or how soon, but I think it is coming. Same for the tolls.

by R142A

Why would you think this?

by arrow

Because of all the budget cuts that everyone keeps hearing about all the time. The fares are going up, there's no way around it.

by R142A

arrow wrote:Because of all the budget cuts that everyone keeps hearing about all the time. The fares are going up, there's no way around it.
There really hasn't been much talk about it...this is all pure speculation.

by Tom V

arrow wrote:Because of all the budget cuts that everyone keeps hearing about all the time. The fares are going up, there's no way around it.
Not from the Port Authority, the airports are doing great business once again.

EWR and LGA have reached their pre-911 peaks with regards to travelers and JFK the last two years has never been busier (thanks to Jetblue).

The Port Authority is not NJ Transit and is light years from the mismanagement that plagues the MTA, they do very well.

by Tom V

I don't think you will see a fare increase on the PATH untill ridership levels approach pre-9-11 levels, that should take another 3-4 years.