Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#9226  by efin98

Two questions about the station: 1. when is the rebuilding supposed to finish and 2. What lines will serve it.
I have tried to find info about it online and have come up short. Any information will be helpful.

#9253  by R142A

It's supposed to open on May 23. The lines that will serve it will be the D, F, B, and Q.

#9257  by efin98

thanks, that's great news!

#9276  by JayMan

R142A wrote:It's supposed to open on May 23. The lines that will serve it will be the D, F, B, and Q.
So there is to be no N service to Stillwell? Or is the N going to be connected later?

#9416  by R142A

JayMan wrote:
R142A wrote:It's supposed to open on May 23. The lines that will serve it will be the D, F, B, and Q.
So there is to be no N service to Stillwell? Or is the N going to be connected later?
Sorry, you're right, forgot to list the N-sea beach line.

#9656  by IslesFan

Actually the D is going to be using the N's platform while they rebuild the west end platform at stillwell after the rest of the station is done, hence no N til next year.

#9669  by R142A

IslesFan wrote:Actually the D is going to be using the N's platform while they rebuild the west end platform at stillwell after the rest of the station is done, hence no N til next year.
Ahh, thanks for the correction!
 #10143  by BMT

Actually, I was down at Stillwell today and work on the station is going fast and furious. While a crew was working on the overall superstructure, a NYCT track crew was busy install track on the F ROW between Stillwell and West 8th Street. In a few days the F section will be completed. Too bad I didn't have a camera with me at the time. :(