Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1236249  by ryanov

Mulshine is an idiot. Anyone quoting him as an example of anything probably ought to be a lot more careful who they hitch their wagon to. This is the same guy, for the record, who wrote a whole article about how when people were kept on a train "too long" after an incident (eg. Needed the ROW protected, etc.) advocates popping the emergency exits and tresspassing. Someone should take away his pen before he hurts himself with it.
 #1248898  by Don31

morris&essex4ever wrote:
25Hz wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:
Thomas wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:I'll believe Gateway happens when I see it. The extension of PATH to EWR seems fare more likely to happen in the next 10 years.
What makes you say that?
Because De Blasio will destroy NYC and bring it back to the bad old days of the 70's and 80's.
http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/20 ... ew_je.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously remember how ARC was a done deal before our wonderful governor cancelled it?
Uh, gateway IS happening, it's not a matter of "if"....
Just like ARC was going to happen?
ARC was an NJ Transit project, the governor was within his rights to cancel it. Gateway is an Amtrak project and neither the governor nor mayor, nor any other local can cancel it.
 #1248981  by Fan Railer

bleet wrote:Announced today:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/Port_Au ... rport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They talk about a one seat ride into the Airport.... Did I miss something? Because last I checked, the extension was supposed to require a transfer to NWK air train. Where would the new terminal station be? Under short term parking deck by the control tower?
 #1249196  by Don31

Fan Railer wrote:
bleet wrote:Announced today:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/Port_Au ... rport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They talk about a one seat ride into the Airport.... Did I miss something? Because last I checked, the extension was supposed to require a transfer to NWK air train. Where would the new terminal station be? Under short term parking deck by the control tower?
It would be out on the NEC, adjacent to the airport station.
 #1249271  by lirr42

Thomas wrote:
Don31 wrote:It would be out on the NEC, adjacent to the airport station.
Would this preclude a fifth track for Amtrak/NJ Transit?
They're one step ahead of you, Mr. Thomas. The NEC already has six tracks at this location!
 #1249870  by Tom V

Don31,

Any insight into why the cost has jumped so much, from approximately $600 million to $1.5 Billion. All sorts of groups while lauding the news are blasting it's cost, why did they costs jump so high. What else besides a 2 mile track extension, new yard and new platforms at EWR are they going to do for $1.5 Billion?
 #1249907  by OportRailfan

Tom V wrote:Don31,

Any insight into why the cost has jumped so much, from approximately $600 million to $1.5 Billion. All sorts of groups while lauding the news are blasting it's cost, why did they costs jump so high. What else besides a 2 mile track extension, new yard and new platforms at EWR are they going to do for $1.5 Billion?
Negotiate Hunter and Rt 21.