Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1042206  by Jeff Smith

DutchRailnut wrote:
Jeff Smith wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:Those restaurants are not located next to a fairly high speed track and do not atract kids with their prices.
Drunk staggering in the ROW vs. drunk staggering in the street? I'm sorry, I don't see the difference.
automobiles are way easier to stop......................
and drunks are much less likely to wander on to the tracks than the street. Unless they fall off the platform. But at least they won't get behind the wheel.
 #1042539  by Jeff Smith

DutchRailnut wrote:my mileage (with drunks) appears to varry from yours, how many did you hit ??
None, and sorry if you're speaking from experience. I still don't think it's a bad idea, but can see why you might.
 #1044164  by Otto Vondrak

Jeff Smith wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:my mileage (with drunks) appears to varry from yours, how many did you hit ??
None, and sorry if you're speaking from experience. I still don't think it's a bad idea, but can see why you might.
I think it's a great idea to clobber drunks with trains! Oh wait, is that not what we were talking about? I get confused sometimes.

-otto-