Railroad Forums 

• FL9 F-10 Discussion: Metro-North / CtDOT / Amtrak

• This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.
This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1638865  by MACTRAXX

JS - Good front end photo of Amtrak FL9 #485 - I remember this picture from my recent FL9 research
for the 40th Anniversary MNCR heritage color schemes topic...There were only 8 FL9 units in the group
rebuilt for Amtrak by Morrison-Knudsen (484 to 491) primarily for New York-Albany Hudson Line service...
The classic New Haven color scheme as shown on #2019 is how FL9s looked their best...MACTRAXX
 #1642723  by NaugyRR

Currently in New Jersey with the M&E
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=6204677

#1642751  by STrRedWolf

NaugyRR wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:23 am Currently in New Jersey with the M&E
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=6204677
NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Change it back! Change it baaaaaaacccckkkk! :-D

(And this is why I'm glad I wrote that one of my characters bought 2021 and restored it)
 #1642785  by jamoldover

A restoration (or at least repainting) is exactly what's going on - up until about a year or so ago, the 2021 was wearing green and cream paint for the M&E's "Maine Eastern" operation. What you're seeing is it stripped down to primer so they can check the condition of everything, and then repaint it into something else.
 #1642790  by NaugyRR

I actually thought the Maine Eastern scheme looked pretty good on them