Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by theozno

A New Train is being added to the new schedule departing New Haven on Fridays. Connects conveniently with the Vermonter Train 55 if it were running late.
  by Amtrak7

I looked at the schedule-it's a super express: NH, SoNo, STM, 125, GCT.

The new schedule also has Independence Day "Playland Specials", which I don't remember seeing before. New?
  by theozno

Amtrak7 wrote:I looked at the schedule-it's a super express: NH, SoNo, STM, 125, GCT.

The new schedule also has Independence Day "Playland Specials", which I don't remember seeing before. New?
I have not even heard that they are opening this year yet! this due to Major operating budget Deficits for Westchester County running the park. Maybe a Concert?
Last edited by theozno on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by RearOfSignal

Rumor is, that there will be a second schedule change in the mid-summer to add weekend service. Seeing as the new schedules are only valid through June 25th, 2011, there is some truth to that.
  by Amtrak7

RearOfSignal wrote:Rumor is, that there will be a second schedule change in the mid-summer to add weekend service. Seeing as the new schedules are only valid through June 25th, 2011, there is some truth to that.
Add weekend service where? This looks like a normal weekend schedule as before, with the half hourly Saturday GCT-STM service.
  by RearOfSignal

Amtrak7 wrote:
RearOfSignal wrote:Rumor is, that there will be a second schedule change in the mid-summer to add weekend service. Seeing as the new schedules are only valid through June 25th, 2011, there is some truth to that.
Add weekend service where? This looks like a normal weekend schedule as before, with the half hourly Saturday GCT-STM service.
The added service would be reflected in the June 26, 2011 timetables, supposedly. Perhaps added Sunday service, have not heard specifics, on what or where.
  by RearOfSignal

theozno wrote:
Amtrak7 wrote:I looked at the schedule-it's a super express: NH, SoNo, STM, 125, GCT.

I have not even heard that they are opening this year yet! this due to Major operating budget Deficits for Westchester County running the park. Maybe a Concert?
According to their website, they open May 14, 2011.