Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#815682  by Jayjay1213

I saw the 3 car inspection train tonight on some sort of test train in GCT. They were bracketed by BL20's. I also caught a mini bomb in GCT with a BL20, and another deadhead with a BL20 in GCT. BL20's all over the place!! :-D
 #816148  by Otto Vondrak

spidey3 wrote:
RearOfSignal wrote:It's for when the president and other management go to view various projects around the railroad.
3 cars for one person? Seems a bit extravigant, eh?
No dude, it's worse than that... one whole RAILROAD for just one person. It's crazy! I want my own railroad...

Seriously, you do realize that the management of Metro-North is just more than one person, right?

-otto-
 #817057  by rangersfreak1030

i saw them 2day at like 11:45 am parked in harmon shops

any word on when they will leave?

will they go north?
 #817105  by DutchRailnut

believe the geometry testing is done, so no planned use for cars for now.
 #817174  by Train2009

rangersfreak1030 wrote:i saw them 2day at like 11:45 am parked in harmon shops

any word on when they will leave?

will they go north?
What side of the Harmon Shop you saw them?
 #828039  by Tadman

Imagine for a moment you want to celebrate something - a new home, a birthday, a wedding... You would invite people, possible people you like or people that you want to impress, or people that are interested in helping you celebrate. You might invite 10, 20, 50 people, maybe 100. Now, think about how MTA works: elected officials and the management of a railroad decide they want [new station/new siding/new shops/more service... insert here]. Just as you would invite people to your new home, MTA invites pols, voters, management, etc... to their new station. you get somewhere between 10 and 100 people that either asked for the project or helped make it happen, and you take them to the site and show them the fruit of their work. It's called good customer relations. It's why every road has a b-train, and many other companies pursue similar affairs.
 #828571  by spidey3

Tadman wrote:...MTA invites pols, voters, management, etc... to their new station. you get somewhere between 10 and 100 people that either asked for the project or helped make it happen, and you take them to the site and show them the fruit of their work. It's called good customer relations...
Agreed - but that still doesn't answer whether there is some reason why they are always spotted on track 34. I assume that forcing me to get more exercise than I otherwise would is not the reason... :-)

Spidey!!!
 #828660  by metrony

spidey3 wrote:
Tadman wrote:...MTA invites pols, voters, management, etc... to their new station. you get somewhere between 10 and 100 people that either asked for the project or helped make it happen, and you take them to the site and show them the fruit of their work. It's called good customer relations...
Agreed - but that still doesn't answer whether there is some reason why they are always spotted on track 34. I assume that forcing me to get more exercise than I otherwise would is not the reason... :-)

Spidey!!!
Also why the need to park two trains on the same platform? Even during the rush hour Metro-North sure is able to use another track.