Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#308176  by kitn1mcc

i saw that same train when i was Eating Lunch in Stratford on Seymour ave Cul-d-Sac and i saw 2 loco and 2 cars just flying down the tracks

and the Bruce AVE bridge work really messed things up as well

#372115  by Otto Vondrak

Well, I guess they were out taking the Pheobe Snow for a spin- inspection train just went west through South Norwalk.

Next time they do a quick spin around the block, can I ride? :-)

-otto-
 #397503  by L'mont

MN 1, 2 and 3 were track 34 yesterday morning being cleaned and loaded with some good looking food!! The 213 and the 220 were back to back leading the consist. (Sorry, no camera)

2 locos, for reliability? Certainly must be more than enough power for 3 coaches. How does MNRR spare the locomotives from normal service? At any given time, how many P32's are available for use outside of a scheduled train?

#397551  by Otto Vondrak

Two locos back to back- when they get to the end of the trip, they just run the engines around to the other end and you're ready to go. No turntables, no wyeing of locomotives. Dig?

#397593  by L'mont

Ah yes, I should have thought about that. Makes sense.

#397686  by FL9AC

They ran as far as Waterbury where they ran the engines around the consist. They headed west past Stamford on the return trip early in the afternoon.

#397730  by Terrapin Station

Yeah, saw them yesterday morning, but didn't have time to stop to take pics.
 #397824  by MTASUPT

Engines were the 213 & 224

#398566  by L'mont

Must be a nice ride. Do they generaly get priority and move right through? I can't imagine the Insp. train sitting and waiting for Amtrak, for instence.
 #411062  by DutchRailnut

For picture takers tommorow(Fri) there is a Harlem Inspection train with both engines in new paint scheme, engines 201 and 203.
Leaving GCT 0930
passing NWP at 1008
arrival Wassaic 1125
leaving Wassaic around 1205
back under big top at 1400.

#411276  by Terrapin Station

Thanks. Based on this hot tip, I found the train on Track 34 this morning and got many shots. I will post said photos tonight.

#411423  by ajp

so GCT to the 138st bride - 15 minutes?
that would be a nice photo op there

#411443  by DutchRailnut

Nice pictures Brian.