Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#893025  by DutchRailnut

Parle Vous English or translation please ?
 #893033  by Train2009

Train2009 wrote:Will there be more fails New Haven line mus tomorrow like today?
Opps I mean will there be more Mus failures tomorrow like today on the New Haven line?
 #893044  by DutchRailnut

Maybe we have a person with a Cristal ball here, but so far predicting future has not been to succesfull.
 #893496  by Darien Red Sox

Clever Commute is now reporting that a conductor announced 152 cars in the shop (this includes M4/M6s), I was on a Danbury train this morning and we ran on time without a problem but the boards in Stamford were full of delays. With the possibility of more snow on the way it dose not look good for the remaining cars or the railroad.
 #893873  by Darien Red Sox

Saw a NYC bound train yesterday with a dead pair stop in Stamford, my NH bound train last night also had issues with the lights in one car which was one of the M4s paired with an M2. With yet another storm on the way tomorrow night things do not look good.
 #893886  by Jeff Smith

I'm wondering if I should rename this thread "Survivor"! Which pair will get voted off the island next? Seriously, not a joke.

Note: I'm not putting a smiley in this post; this is a tough situation for all involved.

My hat goes off to the maintenance guys who keep these things running, even if on life-support. Also to the crews who have to deal with the multiple issues while running them in service, whether in the cab, or in the cars dealing with the commuters who must also be fairly tired of it all.
 #893915  by Train2009

Clean Cab wrote:There will be by the end of next week!! The cold weather and snow have already so damaged a couple of pairs of M2's that it is doubtful that they will ever run again.
More M2s are scheduled to be in Croton by the end of this week will it be on Friday?
 #894061  by Clean Cab

Darien Red Sox wrote:Clever Commute is now reporting that a conductor announced 152 cars in the shop (this includes M4/M6s).
That wasn't a very smart thing to do. Yes, the "shop count" is alarmingly high and the passengers are being crammed into smaller trains. But unless MN or CDOT issues the numbers I'd hesitate from making guesses or repeating railroad gossip.
 #894108  by kitn1mcc

i do belive you can see some of the Boneyard from under the South Church St bridge or from Cedar and hallock ave
 #894415  by Ridgefielder

Jeff Smith wrote:My hat goes off to the maintenance guys who keep these things running, even if on life-support. Also to the crews who have to deal with the multiple issues while running them in service, whether in the cab, or in the cars dealing with the commuters who must also be fairly tired of it all.
Heartily second that. It's amazing that all involved have been able to keep these things staggering over the road as well as they have, given this winter.
 #905078  by vonmazur

Golly! This make me feel really old! I hired out in 1972, and they were constantly complaining about the washboard MU's!! The reason for the number of "Odd Couple" M-2's was the various accidents and wrecks, like the one in New Caanan when I was working at Stamford Tower, a long time ago...I think that was the first one to totally ruin a Married Pair of M-2's. It seems the M-2's are not as sturdy as the ancient "Vomit Comet" 4400's were, this is shocking to me, as the hype and propaganda was very heavy when the went into service...Ah, for some really ancient Osgood Bradley MU's!! (I rode to work on those once!)

Dale in Alabama
 #906210  by Clean Cab

Nothing final yet, but there are a few M2's (numbers uncertain) that are sidelined with major issues that will not be returned to service. I hope to take a walk through the New Haven "Bone Yard" soon and get the numbers of those M2's that have carried their last passengers.
 #907921  by CannaScrews

DutchRailnut wrote:Maybe we have a person with a Cristal ball here, but so far predicting future has not been to succesfull.

I think you mean "crystal" - or is it Rule "G" time.

Personally, I prefer Georges Laval, twice the quality for half the price....
 #907922  by DutchRailnut

jeeezz nothing like reponding to a 3 month old post, Welcome back.