Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#885761  by Clean Cab

Wayside Observer wrote:I heard that nearly 100 New Haven Line cars are shopped and there are a lot more Bomb trains running on the NH Line as well.

Well, where ever he (or she) gets their info, its pretty accurate and confirmed by DRN!!
 #886399  by Clean Cab

Having "sources" can get you into trouble even if you're not a MN employee. Be careful what you post. Sometimes the information trail can be a short one and you can get an employee into a lot of trouble. MN has really cracked down on the spreading of "company business".
 #886848  by Terrapin Station

Clean Cab wrote:Having "sources" can get you into trouble even if you're not a MN employee. Be careful what you post. Sometimes the information trail can be a short one and you can get an employee into a lot of trouble. MN has really cracked down on the spreading of "company business".
MNCR employees obviously should not give out privileged info to untrustworthy people; and when giving info to trustworthy people they should obviously make clear that the info should not be posted to online forums, etc.
 #887066  by DutchRailnut

and no one is giving priveledged information. so far all information is publicly available.
If anyone thinks Clean cab or me or anyone would jeopardise our jobs for some railbuffs your all nuttier than.......................
 #887924  by Clean Cab

Now that the rules have been established about what and how we can discuss things, can we now get back to talking about the snow storm?
 #888060  by Jeff Smith

My Google News Alert delivered a headline that MNRR weathered this storm much better. As for the first storm, I don't see how MNRR could have done much better, anyway, given the size of the storm.
 #888105  by Clean Cab

More snow, possibly another blizzard may hit us this Tuesday (1/11).
 #888114  by Tommy Meehan

Has there been any carryover effect on the New Haven Line from all the MUs OOS? Trains short of cars, Bomb train substitutes? Maybe they got the equipment back fairly quickly?

Friday 01/07's daytime storm was pretty mild. I think most of Metro-North territory only got two-three inches. There was little wind and temperatures were just under freezing, where I work they didn't even bother to plow. Just salt.
 #888117  by DutchRailnut

Actually the Brewster/Danbury/Pawling area got a lot more , around 8 to 12 ".
I-84 was shut down from Waterbury to around Dutches county.