Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1008010  by SecaucusJunction

Didn't they already drop the rail for the project at the site of the yard? I would suspect that is a good omen for this project being funded at some point in the near future.
 #1008107  by TDowling

railmason357 wrote:It was the 4914 pulling a GP and 5 coaches...see that, you should have been on the train, not the bus! Offers better views!
I stand corrected. I could have sworn it was an ALP45.
 #1008143  by DutchRailnut

in MNCR color ???????
 #1027319  by SecaucusJunction

Busing will be done off peak from March 19-23 between Suffern and Harriman to fix whatever storm damage is left east of Sterling. Are there any updates on other PJ Line related work to be done in 2012? I know a lot of ties and even some rail have been dropped in various places along the route. I believe Irene held up some work last year. Also, the re-signalling of the Tier was supposed to occur this year.
 #1027544  by mgbcab

Tie installation has begun in the Port Jervis area, this was the original work slated for last year but got postponed due to Irene. One turnout will be installed this spring as well. In the fall tie installation will start back up in the Middletown area.
 #1027753  by DutchRailnut

presumably wood, as MNCR is not to charmed with the concrete ties.
and operation wise they suck, premature deterioration will see most concrete ties removed in less than 20 years at other MNCR locations.
 #1027865  by morris&essex4ever

DutchRailnut wrote:presumably wood, as MNCR is not to charmed with the concrete ties.
and operation wise they suck, premature deterioration will see most concrete ties removed in less than 20 years at other MNCR locations.
The concrete ties on NJ Transit tracks are faring pretty well. They don't seem to have a problem with them.
 #1028051  by MTASUPT

Contractor work between Sterling and Harriman 3/19-3/23 Bus Harriman to Ramsey RT17

Tie replacement going on between CP BC and CP Sparrow Tracks 2 and 1
Then going into the yard to do ties.

Starting 3/26 BC to OV Bus the folks from PJ to Middletown. Once the tie gang gets to OV then they will go Howells to MP69.

Then in the fall they will come back and do the Controlled Sidings OV-Howells, CP Hall-HJ CP Valley-Harriman
 #1028064  by railmason357

Big difference on the ties, NJT installed in new construction. MN just dug out, put in new ones, no new drains, some areas no ditching.
 #1030011  by MTASUPT

Tie replacement work starting Monday 3/26 between CPBC and CPOV. Following trains will be bussed between Pt Jervis and Middletown: 43, 45 & 62, 64, Trains will be originating and terminating at Otisville March 26 - April 6

The starting April 9 to April 20 Tie replacement will continue between CP Howells and MP69. Trains will be originating and terminating at Campbell Hall, 58, 62,64,66 43, 45,49 will be bus service for Pt Jervis, Otisville & Middletown down to Harriman.
 #1036940  by railmason357

Will the busing be done on the PJL This coming Friday? I heard they were behind.
 #1036955  by lirr42

railmason357 wrote:Will the busing be done on the PJL This coming Friday? I heard they were behind.
According to NJ Transit's Website, busing will continue through Friday, April 20.
[url=http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ServiceAdjustmentTo&AdjustmentId=8565]A service advisory[/url] posted on NJ Trainsit's website wrote:On weekdays beginning Monday, April 9 and continuing through Friday, April 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Metro-North and NJ TRANSIT will replace ties and perform other maintenance work between Otisville and Campbell Hall stations.

To accommodate this work, Port Jervis Line trains will be replaced by buses between Port Jervis and Campbell Hall. Trains will operate between Campbell Hall and Hoboken in both directions.
 #1038367  by TDowling

Does anyone know the progress of the upgrade at Port Jervis station? Is the "facelift" almost complete?