Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#841427  by DutchRailnut

Not unless a few crews did not get a turn last week, to keep qualified each crew needs to operate a train over that segment once a year.
 #844037  by Clean Cab

Amtrak territory qualifications last only 6 months. That's why we ran training trains back in March and again this month.
 #849365  by Wayside Observer

I watched train #3137 arrive and depart Larchmont. It looked like about 30 people (based on their football attire) were waiting for the train, which I think was more than last year. I took a few pictures but none came out very good. The weather was very cool and overcast, not great conditions for taking pictures. The consist was ALP-46 #4600 and 10 double decker coaches.
 #861321  by Train538

Caught 3148 in Fairfield tonight. It was scheduled to arrive at 7:10 but didn't arrive until 7:45-35 minutes late. Comet V cab-car 6047 leading and ALP-44 4414 pushing. Video will be posted as soon as I can upload it.
 #861353  by Terrapin Station

Train538 wrote:Caught 3148 in Fairfield tonight. It was scheduled to arrive at 7:10 but didn't arrive until 7:45-35 minutes late.
That's interesting. Does anyone know the FACTS about about why the train was running so late? Thanks.
 #861404  by Clean Cab

Because the football game ran longer than expected. What good would it do to have the train leave before the game was over?
 #861597  by Train538

Terrapin Station wrote:
Clean Cab wrote:Because the football game ran longer than expected.
Thank you. I was not aware of that. Hence why I asked.
Oh, haha. For what ever reason, I wasn't thinking about that :-). Thanks!