Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#671178  by RearOfSignal

So how many of you guys are going to be standing there at 5:49 am to get the first shots of the historic first station stop?
 #671201  by Jeff Smith

Let's add the link: MNRR Yankee Service

I'm definitely going to have to come back up for a game this year now, and make the ride from Mamaroneck or Stamford. How friggin' awesome! Might even be more awesome than having been there for the last weekend last year, and the first two games this year (okay, maybe not for the ACTUAL first game, but I digress).
 #671287  by Clean Cab

Will the Yankees start winning once rail service begins????????????????????????????????????
 #671382  by Penn Central

Tickets are available for the game. I did a search for best available:

Your Ticket(s)

Section Row Type Ticket Price Convenience Charge Description
20 3 Full Price Ticket US $900.00 US $23.45 Legends Seating
Legends Seating $900
PRICE LEVEL 3

If a single seat is $900 (plus a $23.45 convenience charge) in price level 3, how much is price level 1?
Other Legends Level seats were listed for $2,625 for ONE ticket for ONE regular season game against the Minn Twins. Ugh!

A ticket on Metro-North to Yankee E 153 ST will be much less.
 #671419  by The Interloafer

RearOfSignal wrote:So how many of you guys are going to be standing there at 5:49 am to get the first shots of the historic first station stop?
You bet I'll be there.
njt/mnrrbuff wrote:Will the new station have good photo angles?
There's a nice railfan platform with unobstructed views halfway in height between the platform level and the mezzanine (5th photo). However, I plan to be on the platform at 5:49.
 #671469  by R36 Combine Coach

First new station since Wassaic and Tenmile River in mid 2000 and Cortlandt in April 1996. NJT and MNCR each have more new stations in a quarter century than what the LIRR has done since. (LIRR actually closed many local diesel stops with low ridership in 1998 prior to the new C-3 bilevels arrival in 1999).
 #672181  by Otto Vondrak

RearOfSignal wrote:So how many of you guys are going to be standing there at 5:49 am to get the first shots of the historic first station stop?
Will I be told to "move along" for hanging out there too long? Unfortunately, I'll miss the first day of service... but I'm sure plenty of folks will be there to document the event!

-otto-
 #672497  by Terrapin Station

Otto Vondrak wrote:
Will I be told to "move along" for hanging out there too long?
-otto-
Most likely, no.
 #672498  by Terrapin Station

Besides riding the first train to make a revenue station stop at the new station, who is going to ride the first revenue Harlem and New Haven trains to make a stop at the station (and on the way, use the wye)? That's pretty significant.
 #672722  by truck6018

For anyone curious, the Game Day Service timetables are out at your friendly neighborhood station.

To answer anyone's question regarding late night game completions, these train times will be synchronized with the completion of the game. Example, for a 7:05 weekday game, the first game train will roll out at about 10:30 and the last at 11:10. If the game is on a rain delay or extra innings, the last "game train" will be adjusted to depart approximately 45 minutes after the end of the game.
 #672732  by MNR's #1 Conductor

Man, you know damn well you are gonna be there, camera in hand too!! lol :-D
 #672771  by The Interloafer

Terrapin Station wrote:Besides riding the first train to make a revenue station stop at the new station, who is going to ride the first revenue Harlem and New Haven trains to make a stop at the station (and on the way, use the wye)? That's pretty significant.
You're right. I hadn't thought of that. It looks like the first revenue train to use the wye track in the history of Metro-North Railroad will be #6231, the express from New Haven, which is due to arrive at Yankees-E. 153rd Street at 2:16 p.m. on Saturday, May 23. That means it should be going over the wye at 2:13 or 2:14 or so. First Harlem Line train to use the wye should be #9134, due at the stadium at 2:27 p.m.
 #672772  by The Interloafer

truck6018 wrote:To answer anyone's question regarding late night game completions, these train times will be synchronized with the completion of the game. Example, for a 7:05 weekday game, the first game train will roll out at about 10:30 and the last at 11:10. If the game is on a rain delay or extra innings, the last "game train" will be adjusted to depart approximately 45 minutes after the end of the game.
If only someone had told this New Haven Register sports columnist.