Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#992534  by Amtrak7

The new schedules are up, with the new station opening Dec 5.

There's a blatant error on the cover-Waterbury trains are drawn as connecting at Fairfield Metro!!!

All trains that currently make Fairfield will make Fairfield Metro.
 #993446  by Train538

The Interloafer wrote:So who else is going to be at the station at 4:37 a.m. on Dec. 5 for the historic first train stop?
The passengers and the crew of the train will! :razz:
 #993457  by DutchRailnut

there will be earlier trains stopping since service starts with last trains from New York on sunday
I believe at 12.37 am and 01:37 am and 02:37am
 #994882  by Otto Vondrak

Amtrak7 wrote:The new schedules are up, with the new station opening Dec 5.
There's a blatant error on the cover-Waterbury trains are drawn as connecting at Fairfield Metro!!!.
I just saw that as well. I wonder if that means I have collector items now!!
 #994885  by Otto Vondrak

Here's a couple of pics I snapped this morning with my phone.
Attachments:
Fairfield Metro station sign.
Fairfield Metro station sign.
sta02.jpg (107.6 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
Fairfield Metro Station, first day, looking east towards New Haven.
Fairfield Metro Station, first day, looking east towards New Haven.
sta01.jpg (112.37 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
 #994916  by Patrick A.

Out of curiosity how was the ridership out of the station this morning?
 #995566  by Jeff Smith

Parking, bike racks, and coffee:

http://fairfield.patch.com/articles/fai ... e-s-coffee
Whole Foods to the (Caffeinated) Rescue

Early morning commuters who thought there would be no coffee at Fairfield Metro were likely surprised by the bright green Whole Foods food truck parked in the lot on Monday.

Whole Foods will be providing free coffee from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. throughout December, according to the Fairfield market’s Facebook page. Hungry commuters can purchase breakfast sandwiches, orange juice, bottled water, and other treats -- the truck will offer different “Commuter Specials” on a regular basis.
 #996018  by Otto Vondrak

Patrick A. wrote:Out of curiosity how was the ridership out of the station this morning?
It appeared to be pretty heavy. 2/3 of the lot was full. I actually rode the train from Fairfield Metro to Harrison (one seat ride, that was nice, too)...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ottomatic77/6477975661

-otto-
 #996022  by RearOfSignal

Did they get all the graffiti off the station? Last I was there the was tons of graffiti on the station walls and platform, that was quite a few months ago. Hope it stays clean!
 #996223  by MACTRAXX

RearOfSignal wrote:Did they get all the graffiti off the station? Last I was there the was tons of graffiti on the station walls and platform, that was quite a few months ago. Hope it stays clean!
ROS: I would not be surprised if FMC Station has security cameras and a Police presence/patrols to make sure vandalism and other petty crimes are kept in check...
MACTRAXX