Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#860778  by Train538

Here's what the station looks like as of Sunday October 10th, 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdOGZaYddto
(44jeepgpw is my secondary YouTube account next to Train538)

Enjoy! :-D
 #881989  by Train538

Trains still aren't making stops yet though. The station is set to open next summer. Here's my friend's video from December 11th as one of the construction workers let him on the platform:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeKt2ir04s
Enjoy! :-D Unfortunately on the track 4 side, there is some graffiti :( .
 #882101  by Patrick A.

What a shame that the 'urban artists' took no time in displaying their talents. I think all new CTDOT/MNR property is cursed as I recall the M8's getting 'tagged' in New Haven and now Fairfield Metro.
 #906722  by XBNSFer

I think they should call it "East Fairfield" ala "East Norwalk." Black Rock was my other guess before I heard of the whole commercial development tie-in (which fell through anyway), but I didn't realize that "Black Rock" was a name confined to the Bridgeport side of the town/city line.
 #906760  by DutchRailnut

no one cares what you think it should be called, its already " Fairfield Metro center"
 #906815  by DutchRailnut

When acces roads and parking are ready.
 #906868  by Clean Cab

The name "Fairfield Metro" is not set in stone. It was first going to be called "Black Rock" but the developer went bankrupt and CDOT assumed the cost of construction of the station and parking lots. I've heard that there will be a naming contest for this station as there is concern that two stations named "Fairfield" will tend to cause confusion, much like it did with Brewster and Brewster North.
 #906875  by DutchRailnut

hmm CDOT will do a study, on who will pay for and who will handle repainting of Fairfield Metro Signs ???
cost of study $2 million ??
 #906920  by checkthedoorlight

If they're still deciding on a name, why did they put up the platform signs already?

Black Rock WOULD have made more sense - you can't mix that up with Fairfield or Bridgeport, and everyone who lives around there knows the Black Rock turnpike (and as a former Westport resident, I always associated that road with Fairfield, not Bridgeport). Most people I know think that Rowayton is in Darien, not Norwalk......