Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#565127  by District D RTC

All (ok, almost all) of MN's cars (before the M-7As) have pads on the seatbacks.

Also - there a quite a few pairs floating around with this new color scheme. 8038/9 were the first pair "pilot test cars" but the two pairs in that video are not 8038/9....so I am not sure who said something about only one set, but they're out there.

--JSW
 #565132  by Railroader

District D RTC wrote:All (ok, almost all) of MN's cars (before the M-7As) have pads on the seatbacks.

Also - there a quite a few pairs floating around with this new color scheme. 8038/9 were the first pair "pilot test cars" but the two pairs in that video are not 8038/9....so I am not sure who said something about only one set, but they're out there.

--JSW

The M7A's have a pad on the seat back.
 #565140  by R36 Combine Coach

trainguy98 wrote:
R36 Combine Coach wrote:LIRR also has a set of rebuilt M-3s (9893-94), however the interior more resembles the M-7.
I've worked this pair before and its my understanding that almost all of our M3s have been overhauled, but only this pair got the interior treatment. Maybe this was due to lack of funding 'cuz we had to spend millions on all these WATCH THE GAP signs everywhere you look. :-D BTW, what's the deal with all the cushioning on the seatbacks?
So basically all overhauled LIRR M-3s retained the original interior configuration, more or less?
 #928809  by SwingMan

Way to dig up a 3 year old thread for a fairly useless comment, Doc!

I'll get back on the topic with a question:

Which rebuilt M3s have the M7 colored seats? Were they originally planned to have those colored seats, or was that something they tried after the Met colors?

While your cars look nice and fresh, LIRR's are held together by duct tape, advertisements, and other materials.