Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by oknazevad

As a brief note, there are plans to build a Metra station a US Cellular, also providing service to a nearby college. Don't know if there's been any progress on it, but that's a more appropriate discussion for the Metra forum.
  by District D RTC

I don't have all the details, and I can't go too much into the ones I have, but the M1As will not be retained for this service for too too long. Once the M8s arrive, M2s that were thru the CSR program at a late date will be dedicated to this service displacing the M1As and allowing additional fleet flexibility as they will also be able to bolster the M4/M6 fleet.

Anyone who has any more info on this PLEASE chime in and correct me / update me.
  by Erie-Lackawanna

Just to clarify: the M1s are being retained to support the Yankees service, but will not be assigned to the service.

Jim
  by Otto Vondrak

Can we start a new thread about this, since the Yankee Stadium station has been built, and actual service begins this month?

-otto-