Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

• 560 posts
  by gokeefe

Are there any ticket agents in Hartford at all?
  by Rockingham Racer

I had to search the Amtrak website for a bit, but I finally found out that Hartford currently has a ticket agent.
  by Jeff Smith

Yup, the agent is located in the current station waiting area under the viaduct. However, it is an Amtrak agent; not sure they sell Hartford Line tickets although they do cross-honor, so I guess that's a moot question. Not sure what stations had agents previously (Amtrak); I know Berlin lost their agent a few years ago when the station closed.
  by shadyjay

Meriden also used to have an agent, but was eliminated when the PC station building was torn down. It was a weekday operation just like Berlin, with no staffing late afternoon or on weekends. To the best of my knowledge, no agent existed under Amtrak at Windsor or Windsor Locks stations (same goes for North Haven and Enfield/Thompsonville). Wallingford may have had an agent early in the A-days but not positive.
  by Traingeek3629

Extra trains added to the schedule starting Monday. 11 wkdy RTs, and 11 wknd RTs.