Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1501400  by Ridgefielder

A canopy at Talmadge Hill seems like a complete waste of money. Virtually nobody uses this station off-peak or on weekends, and 99.5% of the people who use the station drive there. There are probably <30 houses within walking distance of the place. If it's pouring rain you're going to get drenched on the walk from your car to the platform anyway, unless you have an umbrella.
 #1501804  by BandA

That Talmadege station does look ugly. Did they saw off the end of the platform to widen the cross-street?

The MBTA is not paying for their wifi, apparently there is a "premium" version that is supposed to cover the costs.
 #1501831  by Ridgefielder

BandA wrote:That Talmadege station does look ugly. Did they saw off the end of the platform to widen the cross-street?
Nope, it's looked like that as long as I can remember. When I was a kid my dad commuted from there for a while-- he used to jump off the end of the platform instead of walking down the stairs so he could be first up the hill to his car! :-)