Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1411907  by Jeff Smith

Award for WORST stock photo ever used for MNRR rolling stock. Click the link and see why:

http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2016/12/0 ... e-by-2019/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worse than WORST? It's the Yale newspaper.
 #1411913  by DutchRailnut

poorly written article, how is New Haven line expanded ?? and their suggesting 60 and 94 car cars instead of 60 plus a 34 option.
 #1515277  by DutchRailnut

My numbers show 94 more, as to when, I think due to delay on M-9's it will be second quarter of 2020 for first delivery.
as for actual car numbers, nothing posted yet but pretty sure it will be 66% 34% split between CDOT and MTA
 #1515375  by Erie-Lackawanna

DutchRailnut wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:09 pm My numbers show 94 more, as to when, I think due to delay on M-9's it will be second quarter of 2020 for first delivery.
as for actual car numbers, nothing posted yet but pretty sure it will be 66% 34% split between CDOT and MTA
There are 66 cars coming. The remaining “option” cars have not been and will not be optioned.

Jim