Railroad Forums 

• New CR Station for New Balance in Brighton

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1360425  by dbperry

Monday night (12/7/15), there was a temporary 30 mph speed restriction from CP 4 (QB 4.85) to QB 4.26 (Franklin St / Regina Pizzeria). I didn't hear if that temp speed restriction has been lifted as of this AM.

There is a new 3 light signal tower for CP 4 track 2 eastbound. Not sure why they went from 2 light to 3 light signal? The old 2 light signal tower has been removed. And I don't think they changed the tower for track 1 eastbound - I think it is still 2 lights. The westbound single track CP 4 signal is the 2 light dwarf signal that was previously / originally the signal for the connection from the freight / yard lead into CP 4.

The temporary stop boards on either side of the work zone (eastbound at QB 5.09, Market Street overpass, westbound at QB 4.26) are still in place as of this AM. Track foreman gives permission past them without any trains actually having to stop at them, so they haven't resulted in delays (except for the first day they existed, when they created all sorts of havoc).
 #1377329  by The EGE

That's not entirely clear. The 2007 scoping study definitively included a third track (next to the Pike), but that was also before Beacon Park was vacated. My guess is that the current single track is not in its final position - it is further from the platform to make construction easier - and that a third track can then be added next to it.
 #1397646  by dbperry

I spoke to a senior MBTA manager last night and we chatted about Boston Landing. Full write-up here:

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=84242&p=1397641#p1397641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

highlights:

Yes, there will be a third track for freight service alongside Boston Landing.

Station stops for Boston Landing will incorporated into Spring 2017 schedule.
 #1398286  by The EGE

A lot of progress since this thread has been active. Steel for all three elevator shafts is up, as is the pedestrian bridge at the west end. The platform is fully in place, and butterfly canopies are up.
 #1398416  by YamaOfParadise

Have to say I was a little skeptical/pessimistic about such a private interest doing something like this at first - in no small part because the more public-private kind of deals have a tendency to reek of corruption, or otherwise involve the private entity trying to profit as much off of public $$$ as possible (including doing a sub-par job on the project from contractors). But this really just shows the kind of effectiveness a private entity can accomplish when acting in good faith! Especially with the Beacon Park project being right next door for comparison to something moving at a less than stellar pace.
 #1432290  by dbperry

Sorry, I'm going to cross-post this three times since it relates to three different threads, and I want folks to be able to find it if searching for particular information.

New blog post: All about Boston Landing grand opening, including track charts, pictures, and some trivia.

http://framwormbta.weebly.com/blog/bost ... ening-more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards

Dave