Railroad Forums 

• MBTA Radio Frequencies?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1365554  by dbperry

I just added the radio frequencies to the list of dispatchers under the "Dispatcher" definition in my "Glossary." Looking for someone to confirm or correct it.

http://dbperry.weebly.com/blog/glossary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also saw a note about two new frequencies coming on line on 2/1/2016:

AAR 87 (161.415 MHz) Northside Terminal
AAR 41 (160.725 MHz) Old Colony dispatcher

Thanks

Dave
 #1365565  by typesix

dbperry wrote:MBTA Subway and Bus operations can be heard with new firmware for one particular model of scanner.
the Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP and BCD536HP scanners can now monitor the Digital ProVoice format with a paid upgrade.
http://www.trainaficionado.com/mbtaprovoice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Need to get me one of these!
Too bad digital scanners are expensive.
 #1365579  by BostonUrbEx

dbperry wrote:MBTA Subway and Bus operations can be heard with new firmware for one particular model of scanner.
the Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP and BCD536HP scanners can now monitor the Digital ProVoice format with a paid upgrade.
http://www.trainaficionado.com/mbtaprovoice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Need to get me one of these!
Quick, someone set up a live stream online. :)
 #1365658  by dieciduej

Has anyone heard MBTA Bus or Subway operations with the EDACS Provoice upgrade?

JoeD
 #1368902  by KB1KVD

The Old Colony will be on 160.725 (AAR 041) from south bay down. Dorchester branch will remain on 161.490 (AAR 092). Commuter rail North terminal dispatcher will be on 161.415 (AAR 087). Note that there is no pl on any of the road radios, except for tone knockdown of other base radio in the system.
 #1368994  by djimpact1

dieciduej wrote:
Has anyone heard MBTA Bus or Subway operations with the EDACS Provoice upgrade?

JoeD
I have not listened via the aforementioned Provoice upgrade, but have been listening for about 10 months, thanks to a standard non-commercial EDACS Provoice-ready unit. Those bus drivers deal with so much crap, whether it be mechanical problems or rowdy riders. Light & heavy rail has been pretty standard stuff. All a pleasure to listen to (when time permits).
 #1368998  by dbperry

I updated the "dispatcher" definition / section of the 'glossary' on my website. As always, I'm looking for anyone to proof-read / double check the info I have for dispatchers and frequencies.

http://dbperry.weebly.com/glossary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

Dave
 #1369057  by BostonUrbEx

The dispatcher would work in conjunction with the train master or the chief engineer to implement workarounds for out-of-the-ordinary situations.
I take it "Chief Engineer" is supposed to actually say Chief Dispatcher?

Pan Am dispatchers are also members of the ATDA, and I believe Amtrak might be too.

Do the desks not change at all on nights and weekends on the South Side like they do on the North Side?
 #1369087  by GP40MC1118

Train Dispatcher's report and receive instructions from the Assistant Chief TD and/or Chief TD. The Chief, in turn,
works with the trainmaster, supervisor or "incident commander" to resolve service interruptions. They also work,
when applicable, with engineering, mechanical or other departments.

PAR and Amtrak TD's belong to the ATDA.

As far as the Keolis CETC TD's, I believe the Old Colony/Greenbush desks are combined on 3rd shift.

D
 #1369288  by dbperry

BostonUrbEx wrote:I take it "Chief Engineer" is supposed to actually say Chief Dispatcher?
Good question. Where did I get "Chief Engineer?"

Edits made (for that and all issues noted above), and thanks again for the feedback.
 #1369628  by MNCRR9000

The Worcester Dispatcher are they in the South station CETC or in the Cobble Hill Commuter Rail Operations Center?