• Subway Delay Reports and Discussion (2011-2017)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by BostonUrbEx

T Alert I received on my phone (and I'm signed up for the Orange Line only!) says bussing between Harvard and JFK. I think we need more crossovers....
  by BostonUrbEx

NECN won't stop talking about it.... Anyways, when I got the alert (as I'm only signed up for the Orange Line) I knew it was pretty serious. And I just knew it had to be a worker who was working during the closed hours. (Honestly, when I saw "Medical Emergency" I thought: when does someone kill themself as soon as service resumes in the AM?)
  by Robert Paniagua

It is indeed an huge incident as we had service cutoff btw Broadway and Harvard thus requiring bustitution which I was affected and had to jump on a shuttle bus to get to my destination
  by BostonUrbEx

Red Line experiencing 10-15 min delays due to earlier medical emergency 3/30/2011 7:55 AM

All clear.
  by Diverging Route

Robert Paniagua wrote:It is indeed an huge incident as we had service cutoff btw Broadway and Harvard thus requiring bustitution which I was affected and had to jump on a shuttle bus to get to my destination
On my inbound PVD train this morning the conductor announced it, and urged Cambridge-destined commuters to hop off at Ruggles and get the CT2. That's what I usually do when I come in from the South, and it works well.
  by Robert Paniagua

That was nice of the conductor to do that, unlike the driver of the Orange Line trai who didnt communicate with his passengers on Monday, but Im glad, Diverging Route, that your conductor made the announcements to get you to the CT2 bus
  by Robert Paniagua

I was part of the mess on the Red Line from Braintree this morning my train was suspended but I rode the Shuttle bus in stride we even got to take a shortcut through Foundry Street and go to see the Red Line Cabot yard and the Postal Annex. I got off at Park Street right at the very old cemetery on Tremont Street
  by diburning

Red line service was restored around 8-ish. I got to Kendall at 7. It took a whole hour to get from Kendall to South Station. When the shuttle arrived at south station, the operator told us that the red line was running again. Luckily, I was able to get down and board the train before it left and escaped the clusterfluff of people that would be pouring into the stations afterwards.
  by octr202

By about 6:45-7:00 am (ish), they had service restored between Harvard & Kendall. Buses were loading at Kendall for downtown points, trains using the Kendall crossover to terminate on the Kendall inbound platform.

By about 8:00 AM service was restored in both directions and the buses started pulling back. Just about every rubber tired passenger conveyance model in the fleet was used, short of a trackless trolley towing a generator.
  by banshee

diburning wrote:Too bad morning rush hour commuter trains don't stop at JFK/UMASS
Old Colony and Greenbush trains were making stops at Braintree, Quincy Center and JFK Umass