Railroad Forums 

• MBTA Forum Meet Up - June 19th

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

Would you like to do a MBTA Forum Meet Up?

Yes
83%
No
17%

#25196  by Robert Paniagua

I may join in also, providing that my MIAA State championship games are postponed. Should that happen, then I'll "crash the party" positively :-D, and bring the VIDEO camera for some real movie stunt........

#25965  by jrc520

Well, sad to say, I have work the day of the meet-up, from 12 to 6 pm. What time is the meet-up happening, so I can try to make it(and if it will still be going on when I get off of work, does someone want to volunteer to be a contact point so I may still join you guys?(I can make it to just about any point in the system from work within about 45 minutes(radar detectors are so nice ;-) )

#25993  by Reddy Rocker

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. I have to go Father's Day shopping that day.

#26001  by Otto Vondrak

I think you all should apply for photo permits for that day- just to test the new system. It takes 6-7 days to get a permit.

-otto-

#26276  by Ron Newman

Based on what I'm reading on "ne.transportation", it's quite likely that neither the Green Line elevated nor the Green Line subway will be operating to North Station on June 19. They may be bustituting for the whole weekend to do the cutover.

#26534  by Robert Paniagua

Well that's fine, and already everyone is all set to go on Saturday regardless of the Green Line Situation. Also, I got to do my own ride on that portion on Sunday the 13th.

#27019  by Ron Newman

I just picked up an MBTA handout at North Station. There will definitely be neither elevated nor subway Green Line service at North Station this Saturday. The last elevated train will run at 7 pm Friday; the first subway train, at 7 am Monday.

If anyone wants to do a meetup tomorrow night around 6, and ride the last few elevated trains, let me know.

#27088  by jrc520

Count me in. I have work until 5, but I will try to get in as fast as I can. Where are people meeting? and, Should I bring my camera, despite the lack of photo permit?(I have an older one, 1 month expired, maybe I can bring that :-p)

#27124  by Ron Newman

By arbitrary choice on another bulletin board, the meeting point is Au Bon Pain on Portland Street at 5:30 pm tomorrow. The official address is "101 Merrimac Street" but it also has an entrance on Portland Street. Let's leave the restaurant as quickly as possible after 5:30 since we don't have a whole lot of time before service ends.

#27163  by jack615

Ron, What other board are you refering to? Is it Ne.Transportation? didnt see any mention of replies to your post? I am just curious to what else is out there.

Jack

#27186  by jack615

Thanks Ron, Those are cool sites, I will check them out more often.

Jack
 #27514  by AmeriKenArtist

I just got word that the "last run" today is postponed for at least one week.

#27522  by Ron Newman

OK then, the "last day" meet-up is also postponed by one week, to Friday, June 25, still at 5:30 pm, still at Au Bon Pain on Portland Street.

I'll swing by there this evening anyway in case anyone didn't get the message in time.

Presumably the Saturday meet-up will go on as scheduled.
 #27576  by CS

Sadly as I feared, a gig did pop up...
What time are we suppose to meet? If it's around 7pm that would be nice but I'm pretty sure it isn't :( ...