• MBTA Forum Meet Up - June 19th

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

Would you like to do a MBTA Forum Meet Up?

Yes
83%
No
17%

by efin98

Ok, I thought you meant you were not going to be able to make it until later in the day(mid to late afternoon). That is good for you though, you can stay for at least some or all of the trip.

A suggestion to those who will be riding, it might be wise to buy a T One Day Visitor's Pass for the trains if you don't already have a combo or rail pass.

by Robert Paniagua

I would LOVE to come kids, but problem is, that the MIAA Softball State Final Championships are on that day at Worcester State College. So, the only way to come see j00 @ll would have to be if there's a rainout or postponement set by the MIAA, and in that case, I can then join in the railbuffing fun :-)

by ST214

What was the date again??? I need to put it on the calendar ASAP before i plan something on that date.

by ST214

Wish i could remember everything i want to say at once :) taht way i don't have to double post :(

The reason i said about late is the first train from Fitchburg is at 6:50AM. I can stay as late as we all ride around as long as i make the last train home.(Just let's not end between 7 and 10, as that is a LLLOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG wait between the 7:30 train and the 11:30 train

by Robert Paniagua

It's Saturday, June 19.
  by AmeriKenArtist

In the last two years, the plaza at Government Center was used for the "meet-up" in my experiences. There, at the "steaming kettle" Dunkin' Donuts AND Starbucks are located, side-by-side! It's less congested and easier to spot interested parties! Our meeting time was noon or twelve-thirty. Short walk from North Station.
  by Ron Newman

I'd like to meet some folks to take a few last rides on the Green Line elevated (Haymarket-Science Park) on the evening of June 18, before it's shut down for good. Anyone else up for this?

The last night of the old Washington Street Orange Line el was jammed with people taking One Last Ride.

by jrc520

I'll check my calendar.

by jrc520

Well, the day is soon coming up. Is everyone still game for the Meet-up? If so, what are the final plans?

by apodino

I may or may not be there. I just got a job offer from Air Wisconsin yesterday, and I will be relocating to the Fox Cities area of Wisconsin during June. I am planning to ride that el before it closes for good.

by Xplorer2000

Sounds like more and more like a plan.....I may even be able to do this, as all my schedules (work, theatre group, drum corps )all seem to agree with each other for a change...

by CS

Yes, it's a go for me also. No gigs have popped up so it's looking for good for me.

by jrc520

Where is everyone meeting? and what time?

by bg602

I'm in, but I still need to get the photo permit. Does anyone know the best way to go about doing this? I'm definitely calling tomorrow, but at this point late Friday is the only time when I can go out and get the permit since I get out early.

I was at the Riverside fantrip last year with Ken and a few others (couldn't revive my old account since I forgot the password, etc., so I had to create a new one). I was Bryan, the guy with the blue Platipus Records shirt and no camera. This time, I picked up a nice used SLR.

by CS

efin98 wrote:That could be arranged ST214, how would arriving at North Station at around 5pm sound?

Here is a tentative itinerary that I have come up with so far, it hits quite a few different rail types and cars.
1. Meet at South Station for lunch at around Noon.
2. Leave South Station, arrive at Ashmont and transfer to the High Speed Line
3. Round trip on the HSL, riding through to Park Street
4. Take the B Line to BC
5. Ride back to Chestnut Hill Ave., walking over to Resevoir Station
6. Ride the D Line to Riverside
7. Ride D Line out to Lechemere
8. Ride back on the next available train, breaking up along the way if people choose to

I will be taking the Blue Line in, getting on at Wonderland. I will probably meet up with Jack Suslak there so if anybody coming from the North Shore wants to meet up ahead of time they can join us on the trip in.
So far this looks to be the intineary. Any additions, or changes?
Also anyone NOT going should make it known if they haven't already.