Railroad Forums 

• Type 7 Overhaul Program

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#420953  by CRail

Wow! That's convincing. I the one thing that bothered me (when I thought it was an actual picture) was the lack of a black belt rail, and skirting. Other that it looks pretty good, the green is like what the Wartime PCC's wore post orange and cream. I wouldn't mind that scheme at all, except for the black windshield area, but I'll gladly take that over teal and gray.

#420965  by AznSumtinSumtin

It kinda reminds me of FPS games. I shall name this new paint scheme "Night time forest camouflage". I think this scheme matches with the 01800s and the 0700s.

#420978  by jwhite07

I think this scheme matches with the 01800s and the 0700s.
If it were to match the 01800s and 0700s, it'd have to be painted silver with a 12" or 16" (whatever it is) green band midway between belt rail and skirting. Which might not look too bad, if the real "Green Line green" is used and not teal or olive... Matt, while you have the Photoshop warmed up? :-)

#421423  by redline43

A question to thegreenliner:

What line was 3667 on when you saw it, and was it after or before the D Line closed?

#421753  by thegreenliner

redline43 wrote:A question to thegreenliner:

What line was 3667 on when you saw it, and was it after or before the D Line closed?
I saw it the day before the Riverside shutdown began, June 22. It was on the D line; I caught it from Beaconsfield to Gov't Center.

#421754  by thegreenliner

mattster wrote:Image

I got bored so I attempted to recreate what thegreenliner described. Then I got lazy so I only did a portion of the car.
This looks very accurate - nice.

#421799  by mattster

Did I get the color right?

#422889  by AznSumtinSumtin

Today, 3667 was at the Reservoir yard. It was visible for only half a second on a moving train.

#423227  by mattster

#423230  by danib62

Great pictures, I really like the color choice and the silver stripe, but why did they already have to ruin it by slapping all those damn ads on it ?!?!?!?! This is frustrating beyond belief. Someone at the T needs a good shaking.

#423232  by sery2831

Don't worry, they need to pay for the new paint job somehow!

#423254  by -Garrett

I like it, but I wish they had grouped the passenger windows with black outline like they did with the orignal LRVs. And, you're right about the ads, its too much. Way better than teal and grey. Also, if you think about it, this scheme will work better on the Type 8's too, since the whole skirt is green.

#423360  by octr202

Perhaps one day, for a fleeting moment, one railfan, somewhere, might see the new colors without an ad. Hopefully they'll have a camera.

In the meantime, at least it pays the bills.

It'll be interesting to see how this adapts to the Type 8's, but considering they're pretty new (well, I know some of them are about 10 years old nonetheless), I can't see them wasting money repainting them when there's still a number of Type 7's running around with peeling paint and surface rust.

#423384  by onthegreenline

anyone know what the "overhaul" entails? Is this just a coat of paint or are they going to sandblast/whatever the metal and repair everything? thanks!