Railroad Forums 

• REPORT: RAILROAD.NET DAY at SEASHORE TROLLEY MUSEUM!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#541798  by Otto Vondrak

aline1969 wrote:If another museum is going to host it then even ct museums or transithistory is to close to seashore... I say a place like Arden or IRM should hold it.
Go ahead aline, set it up!

-otto-

#541813  by aline1969

I live in Boston and volunteer for Seashore, someone from Arden or IRM will need to do that. Stevie set up Seashore because he volunteers for Seashore. Good luck :-D

#542017  by StevieC48

IRM seems too far for some of us since 95% of the MBTA forum is in the northeast. :wink:
 #544580  by diburning

I went last week for the motorman program. I met the guy working in the shops and he gave me a behind the scenes tour.

The guy for the motorman program let me go up to the top notch (the 3-4 notches beyond the series) :P

Even though it was 93 degrees (in the shade. Who knows what the temps were in the sun?) I had fun and got a nice tan :P
 #544865  by aline1969

Ok, you were the young kid. I saw you but you never spoke to any of us :P will you be returning to operate again? There are many other fun things to do at the museum.
 #545092  by diburning

aline1969 wrote:Ok, you were the young kid. I saw you but you never spoke to any of us :P will you be returning to operate again? There are many other fun things to do at the museum.
Young kid? I don't look that young do I? I think you were thinking about someone else. I spoke to pretty much everyone :P
 #545096  by aline1969

There was a young kid who rode almost all day on the open car and operated it too, carried around a folder or envelope.

Did you speak to me? I was in uniform and I did the tours.
 #545112  by Robert Paniagua

diburning wrote:I was the guy in the blue timberland polo. I was there before the museum opened in the morning and I did the motorman program at 11 something am and stayed until the museum closed.

Yeah I remember seeing you. Did you ride the NYCTA Redbird/R22 37371? I did, I used both my Sony SLR S100 Camera and my Sony DVD mini-8 Camcorder. I'm gonna have to figure out how to download my video from that day just over a year ago on YouTube. And Aline1969, I think I saw you that day also I like those NYC Redbirds plus 01450/55 which I got to check out.
 #545279  by diburning

aline1969 wrote:There was a young kid who rode almost all day on the open car and operated it too, carried around a folder or envelope.

Did you speak to me? I was in uniform and I did the tours.
That kid was doing operator training. He was a volunteer. I didn't see the redbirds out the main that day... The only cars that I saw that were out was the New Haven Connecticut 303 (the one I operated), the New York 631 and Twin Cities 1267. The SEPTA PCC was out a bit for repairs or something, but wasn't in actual service. I saw them put the New York car back in the barn at the end of the day.

I did remember that on one of my rides, there was a guy standing outside the Riverside barn taking a video.
 #546489  by diburning

MBTAfan? wrote:Ironically there doesn't seem to be a way to take public transportation to the museum.
Or is there? I'd like to visit it this summer, coming from Boston.
Um, I guess you can take the amtrak downeaster up there then take a long expensive taxi ride to kennebunkport.