Railroad Forums 

• REPORT: RAILROAD.NET DAY at SEASHORE TROLLEY MUSEUM!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#411332  by sixflagscoasters

Thanks for the information.

Also very nice pictures everyone!

Thanks for your time and help.
Bill

#411788  by PraiseX6

Great Pictures, I might show up next time!

#411811  by MassBayMC1131

You can go up anytime. It all costs the same.

#411893  by sixflagscoasters

If you go anytime other than a special tour, do you get to go to the areas that say "No exibits beyond this point" or "Not open to the public"???

When we went on Railroad.net day we could go anywhere that the tour guides let us. Even past the signs.

It does all cost the same, but you might not get to go to the "off tour path (Grey Line)" areas.

#412009  by StevieC48

Yes u can. All u have to do is talk to the dispatcher on duty and he will give u a release form to sign. It also depends on if there is someone to take u around too.

#412391  by StevieC48

Just curious how many of the RR.Net members who attended decided to join up as a member to the museum? How many were a member prior to the RR.Net day.

#412481  by sixflagscoasters

I signed up for Railroad.net because I saw the Event for the special tour of Seashore Trolley Museum. The event said you need to be a member to join the tour, so thats why I signed up, but I think I would have signed up any way, just to post on the MBTA Rail Operations Forum.

This is a great site to find info, and to post your own info to help someone else.

Also thanks to StevieC48, I did not know all you had to do was just ask the Dispatcher. So if I go any time there is no Special Tour, I can ask the Dispatcher if I can go to the off tour path areas?

Also Stevie, what days and times are you usually down at the Seashore Trolley Museum, so I can see if you could take just me on a special tour, so I can see more than what we did on RailRoad.Net Day? For example go in any car I would like to and see the parts warehouse and ask Dan Cohen for the MBTA LRV or Saugus, MA rollsign. :-D

Thanks,
Bill

#424254  by Mr rt

Saturday July 14th was the second section of a group from NYC to visit Seashore.
Rode North Shore 420, Boston Tranckless Trolley & at the end of the day the NYC Red Bird train made a couple of trips down the line.

One of the group went with us mainly to see the buses, Curator Tom S. started up several Fishbowls: Metobus (Washington DC), MBTA & ConnCo.
We also spent significate time looking over the rest of his extensive collection. And we made sure to check out their NYC subway cars: IRT Hi-V; SIRT 366; LIRR MP54; and "A" train of R-1/9s.

I've been a member their since 2000, so we were invited to join them for dinner ... returned to our motel at 10 PM.

#424291  by Robert Paniagua

Oh cool, you can see the remainder of my photos (99 total) that I took of Seashore. Just go to my last message here in theis thread and click on the webshots link I have.

#541493  by aline1969

sorry I missed this event, Stevie.. when will there be another one?

#541524  by Robert Paniagua

Who knows, but I may be taking a trip back to Seashore hopefully in the near future now that the summer season is heating up...

#541557  by Otto Vondrak

I encourage everyone to visit Seashore! Don't wait for a special RAILROAD.NET tour! :-)

We'd love to come back to Maine, but I think the next event will take place at another museum venue to give some of our other members a chance at a special event.

-otto-

#541625  by StevieC48

I was thinking of Branford or Warehouse Point for the next gathering. But it might be too late for this summer? If someone wants to orginize it with another museum please do.

#541645  by danib62

Perhaps TransitHistory will host this year's event? *cough*savebowdoin*cough*

#541703  by aline1969

If another museum is going to host it then even ct museums or transithistory is to close to seashore... I say a place like Arden or IRM should hold it.