Railroad Forums 

• MBTA posts important signage regarding Lechmere shuttle

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#30983  by efin98

CJ wrote:
efin98 wrote:You would be surprised at how many "temporary" signs remain permanent.
Heh, reminds me of the token machines!
Which ones? The ones "Temporarily out of service" or the ones that are papered over with "not working" on them? :P

#31105  by trigonalmayhem

Speaking of which, did the token machines EVER work after the fare hike?

#31111  by BC Eagle

My favorite thing on the Green Line is when the operator tries to tell you no bills when boarding the train. Especially good is when you explain to him the token machine is broken, and he or she looks at you like its your fault. Thankfully, I've been using a pass for a year now, which has freed me of this problem. Of course, the T pass comes with its own problems. Most notably, trying to find a turnstlye that will actually accept a valid pass. Thankfully most operators aboard the Green Line are desensitzed to the "rejection" beep and don't even bat an eyelash when they hear one. The only bright side is that this has allowed me to use my subway pass at stops like Chestnut Hill and Riverside on the D Line. Ahh fare collection on the T...but I digress. Apologies for wandering off topic.