Railroad Forums 

• My Green Line Trip Report (6/13)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#26090  by Robert Paniagua

Ok, first, I started out of Braintree with the Red Line to Park Street, to the Green, and now this:

I first got on the Blue Line to Wonderland and back to do some videotaping off the train from the back car's window. Picked up coach 0613 from Goverment with 0658/59 leading the front. I had 3.5 minutes left of tape so I decided to finish it on the Blue Line Surface portions. Finally the tape ran out just short of reaching Beachmont. But I stayed on till Wonderland and back in the lead coach (also 0613) going inbound to GCT. (no, not Grand Central, but Govt).

Now, here's the REAL fun. I got T7 3697 from there till Lechmere, that was the back car with 3613 leading the front, Instead of going to the front, I chose to videotape (with a new fresh cassete tape after finishing the other one on the Blue Line) from the side window for the entire Aboveground portion till Lechmere, I got shots of the FleetCenter area plus the Zakim Bridge, and more video shots of Causeway Street below us. I then switched cars at Lechmere, got the front car of that same train, 3613 this time, but I once again went to one of the right side windows. I got the scenery of the Museum of Science, and the apartment buildings on the right, plus the intersection where the Hurley State Office Building is.

From there, I also got the North Station Platfourms while the train was off-loading and loading, and even got video of the last few passengers waiting for the E train in the platform. I was on Board a D Train, FYI. Then, I got shots of the Canal Street side of the incline. It was fun!

Then I made it back home on board the Red Line to Braintree.

Who knows, I might sneak another Green Line ride on Friday night, know what I'm sayin', my man?

Now, end of ride log.

#26105  by Reddy Rocker

That's very cool Rob, I'm glad you had a good ride. And that you didn't get bothered by the MBTA police either.

#26109  by Robert Paniagua

Yeah I know, and I did it all carefully.

Heck, not even an inspector or other T employee came up to me also, so I was glad, and that's why I didn't take film out front.